Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am fairly close to being finished, I would like to post a picture of the new front end of my Twin turbo. There are 14" long filters coming through the bumper going to inlet tubes that go straight into the turbo compressor air inlet. I will be getting cool, unrestricted air to spool the monster turbos lurking behind the air filters. All the mods necessary to complete this took me roughly 3 months!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Ok, it's been 15 minutes! PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC, PIC!

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Okay you RWHP/RWTQ Junkies and potential customers!!

Here is a pic of the front fascia too whet your appetite! I saw these pictures in late August of 2004 and couldn't say anything at all! Now, I guess the "Top Secret Little Whore" is going to finally start releasing pictures of the soon to be fastest Viper ever. (Note: Its Blue and White) I doubt that any other tuners have the coolest air going directly into the turbos without any *I Repeat* Any bends at all. Can you imagine the RAM AIR effect of 300+ Miles Per Hour at the highest pressure area of the front bumper going directly into the turbos without ANY filters!!

That should be worth a pound or two of boost!

:wink:

Enjoy!

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/CPE-TT-01.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Since I've learned so much from Paolo regarding Turbocharging principles.
I've just noticed the massive surface area and total volume of those wheelwell mounted intercoolers and what they must have and do to minimize the heat and maximize the density of the air being forced into the Engine.

:idea:

Jay K.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jay, thanks for putting up the picture!

Since the scanner does not work with the new computer we got in about May, I have not been able to change the size on paperport then save it to my pictures in the proper format. Therefore I have not been able to post any pictures I have taken on the Alley.

Chad, thanks! I can't wait to line up with you when we are both ready(well, mostly when I am ready__ except I know you will only be much faster than last time....==> but in all actuality, you can never make the jump I make from how fast I was at the time of the Bradenton V-10 nationals to how fast I will be upon completion and proper tuning has been completed! :rofl:)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sal, thanks a lot! I cannot wait to see what Jason Heffner does to your car for the next upgrade!

P.S. It is because of takng a ride in your car that I saw the superiority of turbos to the setup I had!

Good luck, and I will see you soon! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Paolo Castellano said:
Hey, give me a break, I am not that good with computers, it took me quite a while just to send it to JGK. He did his part quickly. How are you doing big guy? :thumb:
Looks rediculous! I like it! I'm great, looks like you're working hard on that thing. Can't wait to see what it does!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
No problem Paolo. After dealing with superchargers in the mid 1990's on my C4 Vette and moving to turbochargers on the Supra, there was no going back! I'm just glad Jason Heffner was open to my turbo desires! :)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I knew why I put you in my sig for something.... lol

looks great as always! Ill give you a ring when Im back in town!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.