Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m debating doing the coupe conversion. Steve (flame suit on) now has all this in carbon. I owned Flatouts car

It was Steve’s products but he said there were some fitment issues but ended up looking amazing.

So if I do purchase the parts. What paint scheme or what carbon should remain exposed?? I have a Gen3 with OEM gen4 hood. Just paint it all red?? Go with the ACR scheme with exposed carbon like Flatout??

My car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
That looks really good.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The carbon is just the mold... any idea on paint or incorporate the carbon??

·
Registered
242 Posts
Too bad Dodge didn't do that to the Viper. Looks good.

They haven't died, they are just old and don't work on their cars anymore. Most of these people have owned their cars forever...Look how long they have been members. A majority of the ones that talked Viper, have been banned.

Now, they just talk politics and which celeb died.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I would somehow incorporate the carbon, but in a subtle way. Maybe use it in an ACR driver stripe. Only problem is how to tie that into the front that isn’t carbon. You could always just leave the top as carbon and paint the rest. Any plans to add aero?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
RMPL
21,729 Posts
They haven't died, they are just old and don't work on their cars anymore. Most of these people have owned their cars forever...Look how long they have been members. A majority of the ones that talked Viper, have been banned.

Now, they just talk politics and which celeb died.
Stay off our lawn!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was flatouts car. The deck lid right of the red stripe was exposed. All else painted gloss black .Any patterns y’all recommend??

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Here's some advice - don't give that asshole a cent unless it's after you've gotten the parts. Do not take his word on anything.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
If only that widebody version had of been somehow introduced/combined into the Gen 5 release !

Wider wheel haunches often make cars look more athletic and muscular, which is what the viper was all about.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
OP. Did you ever actually order this coupe conversion from Steve?
He did but the shipping girl got corona virus before it was the in thing and she has to quarantine for 1400 days, then it will ship.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I like the coupe rear, on the coupe... the vert rear on the vert.... what I really want is a replacement hardtop/hatch deck that can make the vert a hardtop......with the vert rear....

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I like the coupe rear, on the coupe... the vert rear on the vert.... what I really want is a replacement hardtop/hatch deck that can make the vert a hardtop......with the vert rear....
This existed as far as a mock up. There were pics of what you are wanting on Vipairs' site, with it done on a red car. It was his roof and hatch with the factory glass. I just did bunch of googling and could not find an image. I don't know if it ever made it into production, but that never really stopped Steve from taking peoples money anyway. You could post on every viper site about it and watch ebay as some of his stuff still pops up there, but again, I don't know if a single kit was ever made beyond the prototype.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts