Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the burping procedure yesterday that I pulled offline. It seemed that no matter how many times I purged the system by squeezing the radiator hose and filling the surge tank, there was always air coming out.

According to the insrtuctions, you should continue until no bubbles are seen. I went at it for over an hour and was worried that I would squeeze a hole in the hose from the procedure.

Is the surge tank uptaking air somehow, it kept taking up more coolant than was lost during the purging? I checked the lower overflow tank as well and then called it a day after still seeing bubbles.

Very frustrating. /images/graemlins/sad

·
Registered
523 Posts
Jack right front tire side up. Buy funnel the fits just inside hole. The small yellow one from Autozone for $1 is perfect. Have friend hold funnel in hole with surge tank full. Squeeze hose, both hands and Bubbles will soon stop. If you can get one more person to squeeze hose (4 hands) even better. Don't squeeze like a nut and squirt person holding funnel.

When complete, fill surrpgate tank, fill facia tank between lines, cap radiator, and squeeze one more time slowly. You'll hear the fluid go through surrogate tank, out line to facia tank. Release and it will back up.

·
Registered
523 Posts
No, you might be thinking you are pulling air in the line but you are squeezing fluid, stirring up surrogate tank and thinking air is coming out. Get a partner to help and you'll be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.