Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just found the vibration I been feeling. It is my cooling fan behind the radiator. A large chunk has broken off the outer ring and is causing it to vibrate. Weird thing it is only felt if I turn the a/c on even though it is spinning all the time.

Questions:
1. Does anyone have a spare fan they would want to sell me? Just the blades. My clutch, motor, and shroud are all good.

2. I can't find an aftermarket replacement and Dodge only sells it as a complete unit for $900, shroud, motor and all. Again, I don't need the entire assembly.

3. What is involved in an electric conversion(best fit from experience, how to wire it for proper on/off, etc), and what do I do with the PS lines other than block them off?

20210428_152913.jpg

Not sure if the pic shows the missing piece clearly. I also have to try to figure out what broke it. Hopefully a rock or something got kicked up. It doesn't feel fragile or brittle.

Thanks,

Cdover73

·
Registered
30 Posts
Find someone parting a car out or hit up eBay. You don’t want to convert to electric fans... several have tried but the results didn’t seem to outperform the OEM setup.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Reactions: RGPIII
1 - 3 of 3 Posts