Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Change the oil asap and have it towed somewhere. If you don't get the coolant out of the block your gonna be rebuilding the whole motor. Kiss the bearings goodbye.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Definitely a Head gasket dump out the oil IMMEDIATELY put in fresh. turn it over a few times to coat things internally. Have it taken to the dealer

DON'T DRIVE IT OTHERWISE YOU'L BE LOOKING AT NEW MOTOR.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
acrdakota said:
Change the oil asap and have it towed somewhere. If you don't get the coolant out of the block your gonna be rebuilding the whole motor. Kiss the bearings goodbye.
================================================================================
There is a ton of truth in that statement!!! Lin, act quickly!

================================================================================

2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION
2006 CLS 55
2005 T REX

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Mine did this a few years ago ('97 gts) and it turned out to be the timing chain cover gasket oddly enough. If this is the case and you haven't driven it too much the repair may be cheaper than you think.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
If it is a headgasket failure, it should show up in a leakdown and/or compression test.

If the car is running fine, I would lean towards the timing chain cover gasket.

Have someone start with a compression test and go from there. On the Gen II's, it requires some effort to damage a headgasket.

·
Registered
19,181 Posts
Doug , nice to see you posting here , BTW those parts that you sent to me worked great!! And thanks for the plug wires. :thumb: Mike (Viper Spray)

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Welcome Doug- it's about time you get on here. You need to make a better web site-- I never know what you are up to. I gotta have ammo against stupid ricers. Not that Chad isn't enough, but I need tons of examples.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Peter Drippings said:
Mine did this a few years ago ('97 gts) and it turned out to be the timing chain cover gasket oddly enough. If this is the case and you haven't driven it too much the repair may be cheaper than you think.
Mine had the same problem a few years ago. It was the timing chain cover gasket. It seems to be a problem with the 96 & 97 years.

Have your tech check it out and hopefully that's all it is.

After they changed the gasket on mine, it was fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.