Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Cool Nurburgring video

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  McGuireV10 
#1 ·
A modified M3 chasing an M5 around the 'ring for one full lap.
Big, about 75MB. Some day I'll get the Viper over there...

Comment from the guy who originally posted the link:

Ring-Taxi's on the Nurburgring at Nordschleife are slightly modified M5's (brake pads and tires) driven by mostly former professional race car drivers for a small fee. Their job is to take up to 3 people around the 'ring extremely fast. Most of these drivers can complete the track in 8:15 to 8:30 with 4 people in the car! Their cars are maintained by BMW techs and the suspension and brakes are replaced every 5,000 km's or more. They pretty much rule the 'ring. The know both the track and their cars extremely well since they do this on an almost daily basis.

http://freecache.org/http://www.audiforum.nl/~erikrs6/RS6-COM-M3-Ring-Taxi.wmv

#2 ·
I must admit, I expected some kind of comment. Oh well.

I just read that in addition to the M5 "Ring Taxi" rides, there is a driver in a supposedly "race prepped" Viper that gives rides for 280 Euros a lap, and apparently slots are sold out well in advance. $345 just to drive somebody around the 'ring once?

I think I found my new calling in life.

#4 ·
This section doesn't get much traffic. Speaking of traffic, Germany must not be as litigious as U.S. A half dozen cars and bikes passing each other in a turn? Bikes on the track at the same time as cars? Crazy shit. I love it.

#9 ·
Sweet, thanks.

I've about 75% made up my mind to start building a Porsche 962 once we get settled into the new house. I doubt I'll ever be Rich & Famous enough to lug it to the 'ring, but wouldn't that be a fucking trip? Hmm, I wonder what kind of rental cars you can get in the vicinity of the 'ring...

Oh yeah, I found some photos of the supposedly race-prepped Ring Taxi Viper. Considering it's rolling on 20" Startech rims (which leaves it sitting about 4" off the ground) and appears to be otherwise fully stock (granted that leaves a lot of room under the hood -- but the brakes were stock) I think it's more of a case of "Thrill the Yokels" than "Race Prepped". Although I bet it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

Edit -- Just watched the video. It's undoubtedly cool... but they declare "the end" at the first concrete banked turn, chopping off about 4 miles of the run...

#10 ·
There are plenty of places in the vicinity of the 'Ring to rent any model of Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, etc. Lots of people do it and there are some firms that rent prepped cars for the Ring, as well. Pretty much show up in anything and pay ~8DM and give it hell for a lap.

We used to live not too far from there. It's far monier in person!

#13 ·
Went to the Ring last August, it was an awesome experience, did eight laps, witnessed several accidents, was passed by several GT3 and GT2's and quite a few bikes, scrubbed most of my tyres off, lived to tell the tale......it was one of the best drives I have ever had. Meant to go back in August, but may not make it, but I will be back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.