Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big congrats to 1Tony1 for being the first Roe Supercharged car in the Nines! this is impressive and should not be overlooked.

Congrats Tony!

He also ran his car in the unlimited class to do rules of Qualifying. He eliminated much faster cars with his superior Driving Ability and finsihed 2nd to a respectable Tom Welch!

Tony Put me on the trailer as well!

way to go man!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
/images/graemlins/thumb1 Congrats 1Tony1! Very impressive!! /images/graemlins/thumb1

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Thanks Roof. The car has 7 psi, Arrow rockers, headers/exhaust, 85hp jets with my own version of propane/nitrous. It went a 10.41 @ 136 on the only no n02 pass with a .06 worse sixty. The best pass was a 9.85 @ 144 mph.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thanks Tony...I am waiting for the Gen 1 S/C to come out and I gonna buy me one. Think about putting headers on at the same time. I know I can't drive as well as you...so I will settle for low 11s or high 10s no NO2.
Thanks again
Be

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
You will like it King. I forgot...my car also has throttle bodies, they came with the Venom 500 kit that was on the car when I got it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on the first 9 second Roe SC Viper 1Tony1. I actually found this to be the most exciting news to come from the V10 Nationals. I can't wait to see what you are able to do once an IC is released. I always figured you would be the first one to bring a Roe car into the nines. Way to go! /images/graemlins/thumb1

·
Registered
723 Posts
Congrats tony, that is really amazing. You gained 8 mph in the 1/4 with only 85hp jet. Tell us the secret about your kit.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Thanks guys.....I'm proud of my car. It bested my Formula's 9.92 @ 142 from last year and while that is 100% street car, it is not near the daily driver my Viper is. My truck broke on the way home so I unloaded the Viper and drove the 450 miles that was left.....I wouldn't do that in my Formula. The 2 jets I am using are rated together for 85 hp by NOS. The actual rwhp increase was 100 rwhp and 180 rwtq. I think the extra power is because of the intercooling effect and effectiveness of propane. With my current nos/propane the a/f drops about 1.0 a/f when activated. There is more left with bigger jets and better a/f (although I do like the safe tune) I am going to put together a price for this conglomeration of parts I have (there will be NO Viper tax if I do) The reason I wanted to use the propane for fuel is because our stock fuel systems are maxed out with the Roe S/C (not to mention the high octane of propane) I am also using a regulated propane system.....this way the temperature/pressure of the bottle doesn't increase or decrease the a/f as long as your propane bottle isn't cold and the n02 bottle is the correct pressure.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Congrats Tony. So if I send my car to you to do for a Roe install and your "conglomoration", the install is FREE for both!!! /images/graemlins/wink

I know, just the supercharger install.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Tony, do you have to swipe a new card when you go from boost only to the nos/propane setup? That's the only thing that seems like it might be a hassle for street use, although I think Sean mounted the VEC2 in the car with that nitrous setup he did so he didn't have to stop and open the hood.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Congrats to 1tony1 !!! That is one great run you have there. I can't wait to see the video.

Tony please don't be complacent with that time because I will be knocking on your door next month with my own nine second pass. I hope I can drive half way decent because I know my car has a nine in it.

Roof has set the bar really high for SC/Turbo cars @9.62 . I think my car with blower only can probably run high 70's or low 80's at sea level but I don't think I will ever be close to the 60's.

Congrats again and I hope to join the 9 second club.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
RedGTS said:
Tony, do you have to swipe a new card when you go from boost only to the nos/propane setup? That's the only thing that seems like it might be a hassle for street use, although I think Sean mounted the VEC2 in the car with that nitrous setup he did so he didn't have to stop and open the hood.
No new swipe needed. The propane/nitrous is a system of it's own. Any tune that is safe in the vec2 without n02 is safe with the n02. The vec2 could be used to activate it, but currently I am not using that function.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
a great testament to the quality of the products (viper, roe) and to the tuner (tony). its reasons like this which confirm why the viper IMO is the best damn total package; you can drop a nine second 1/4 mile all day long and then drive the damn car home 450 miles when the tow vehicle breaks, LOL amazing

Tony, be ready to race and eat wings in bowling green /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif ( man did i catch you sleeping at the light on our race saturday, LOL)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Congrats, Tony! I wish we could have made it happen on S/C alone, but we're going to play with alternative power adders too and make it a reality. I'm glad your the guy that was able to break the 9 second barrier with a Roe, now all you need to worry about is holding that record. LOL! Comgrats again, my man!

T

·
Registered
723 Posts
How much PSI is the roe charger good for? If a paxton kit is tuned to 15psi and runs in the 9's, I'm sure the roe would be around 12psi to hit 9's.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's not really about psi, it's airflow, or more specifically massflow (the combination of boost and airflow). The 15 psi Paxton setup BlownGTS is running is using stock heads & cam; you could make the same power with ported heads and a new cam at probably 11 psi (or thereabouts). And it would be easier to tune and more reliable because less boost = less heat. So the issue is how much air will the Roe blower move before it becomes inefficient. So far, based on the fact that there have been a few people go low 10's without an intercooler, it seems very possible it could power a car into the 9's on boost alone, especially after the intercooler comes out, and assuming you're using ported heads. Based on Sean's testing, I don't think you could simply pulley the Roe unit down to push the boost up to 14-15 psi with stock heads and accomplish much because of the boost creep.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I think if the intercooler will allow me to go from 7 psi to 10/11 psi I will be able to put my car in the nines without the little n02 shot. It will take a 1.45 sixty foot or better. Thats with a stock heads/cam/bottom end motor plus Arrow rockers and headers. :nod: Then we should be looking at 9.50's with the same 100hp n02 help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts