Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Supporting Vendor
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think our best 60 ft time was 2.09. We were still spinning the tires in 3rd gear. If you see a fast street tire time from a fast car, lets say 10.6 or 10.4, from a car like BTR Tom's Viper. You will only see a street tire hit these kinds of numbers at a well prepped dragstrip with lowered tire pressures (18 - 24 psi).

The Car and Driver shootout included a road course handling test and 150 mph on a banked track. Thus they would not allow any cars to run under 30 psi. I think we were running around 33 psi in the rear as the car would get sideways coming on to the banking. So overall I was really happy to get a 10.9 pass with full tire pressure on an un-prepped surface. Some of the other fast cars in the shootout would have been happy to go 11.40's.

· Registered
5,085 Posts
10.90 is pretty impressive on Pilots and an unprepped surface. Looks like a great all-around car. That is the benefit of starting with an SRT; it makes for one hell of a supercar with some tweaking and turbos.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
congrats and damn good to see the real american musclecar get its props.

JH; the quoted HP and TQ (800hp); were those legit quotes??? seems kinda low to what we usualy see quoted here on the site(s)?? did you "lower" it for the magazine??

· Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations John! Just got the magazine today. But I was wondering, since it's fall up here with all these leaves around, would you mind coming up 'cause it looks like you can handle that leaf blower pretty darn good! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Anyway keep up the good work & it's great seeing Viper on top!

· Registered
1,293 Posts
At least this makes me feel 'a little' bit better about the Viper tax...
---------------------------
Lambo Gal. Mods:

Evotech, a software company based in Ludwigsburg, Germany, has made a good business of reflashing the computers in gray-market Ferrari 360 Modenas to U.S.-legal specification. Now the company is launching a kit for Lamborghini’s all-wheel-drive Gallardo. The claimed horsepower bump, just 52, isn’t huge. Nor is the tear-up or the $14,440 price for the engine mods alone, at least relative to the Gallardo’s base price or typical buyer income. Those mods include a $4900 computer reflash that contributes a claimed 15 to 20 horsepower by allowing a little more spark advance, a smidge less fuel richness at wide-open throttle. The $4450 exhaust puts in shorter silencer cans downstream of the catalysts (worth another 15 to 20 horsepower). A carbon-fiber airbox runs $4350 and adds the remaining beans.
------------------------------

Come on guys, only $14,400 for 52 HP. :lolcry: Oh yeah, and $720 labor for what, 2-3 hours work?

· Registered
312 Posts
Wow, if you look at the numbers for say 0-60, 0-100 and 100-150, John's car
is a step ahead (or in some cases several steps ahead) of almost every
other car. just about a full second faster to 100 than RSI!

Impressive performance John, congrats!

DN

· Banned
2,657 Posts
I'm happy to see the viper beat out that turbo'd 427 vette. However, I wonder if the end would have not been the same if John was still here. RIP. /images/graemlins/sad

· Registered
2,036 Posts
In the article, I see the TT vette best 100-150 mph times faster by almost 2 tenths than the TT viper. Why was that?

Also, they should have invited Jason Heffner. I've seen his cars on pump gas run the same and most of the times higher trap speeds on stock displacement motors than the strokers TT on the Car and Driver event...

Peace!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.