Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quote taken fron a post over at the VCA...

"You can get a Comp Coupe licensed for the street. There is a black one in South Beach, owned buy Viper Days Racer #98. "Yes Mrs. DMV, its a kit car, and I just love those shoes your wearing" - that smooth talking radio voice gets em every time!!"

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sh...=485894&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=4

on the Viper Days site #98 is listed if anyone wants to confirm and see how he did it.

http://www.viperdays.com/vrl_bios.html

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I think he meant slipped through as a kit car. I don't know if that's really slipped through though.....it kinda is a kit car...assembled by Dodge.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I chatted to a guy at viperdays who knew the owner, that would be very cool to see it on the streets, almost where it belongs :bowdown: bet a mods were needed to make it useable

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any more ideas on this?

I wonder what it would take to make a CC street legal? Seems to me ride height, turn signals etc, tires and maybe the wheels.

I wonder how builders who construct cars from scratch obtain VIN's etc or do they just make them up, get the thing inspected and be done with it.

I would love to have a CC for the street. How fun would it be to have a TT version as well.

·
Whatever
801 Posts
There's a picture of Russ Oasis' Street Comp Coupe in the Spring 04 Viper Magazine pg. 29. It doesn't give any details on the car but there's a nice pic of it. I know in California the DMV issues a certain amount of "Kit Car" vins for individuals who want to build their own cars. I'm sure there is a way to get a Comp Coupe licensed for the street, but having driven one on the track numerous times it would not be the most comfortable ride. They are extremely loud, hot and the ride is bone jarring to say the least. :)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
RedGTS said:
How would you "slip it through" with no VIN? :headscratch: Make one up? And how would you insure it? If true, whoever owns it better hope it's never involved in a serious accident.

When you title a car as a "kit car" the DMV assigns a vin for you. For example a Cobra kit. In PA we have a form that is for salvage, kit cars, theft and flood cars. The kit cars do not have a VIN as they are not governed by the US Dept of transportation. That is why the kit car dealers can't sell you the car and motor already assembled. They can only sell you the parts or rolling chassis. Once the motor is installed they would have to sell it as a car and go thru all the DOT requirements. If you bought a comp coupe and fudged the paperwork a little it would be possible to get it titled as a kit car.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heffner Performance said:
Yeah but what could you use that for except for the Silver State Classic, street driving, weekend road racing, drag racing, bragging rights, you get the point, a very one dimensional car.
EXACTLY!

how fun would it be to be driving down the road in this.... (and a 1000HP Heffner TT V10 under the hood)

[image]http://www.globalimports.ch/cars/viper/viper92klein.jpg[/image]

You would be KING!

Chad...best get to work on this ASAP! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.