Viper Alley banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,982 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
The YoTony :YoTony: emoji is gone! :mad: This is SACRED here...please bring it back or feel the wrath of the Silver Back.

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites.

- Cricket

·
Landscaping Professional
13,811 Posts
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites.

- Cricket
I had my very own smiley!!!! We demand our shrubberies!!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Cricket- Join date December 1, 2000 NOPE, no way, not happening. We've been sucker punched and the Alley will be on life support in mere months. The question is by whom and why?

·
Premium Member
18,982 Posts
Cricket- Join date December 1, 2000 NOPE, no way, not happening. We've been sucker punched and the Alley will be on life support in mere months. The question is by whom and why?
I agree, time for a new site. One that never gets sold to turds like this new company.

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Registered
476 Posts
Laptop w ad blocker this new format sucks ass.

Hand held device? Won't even bother.

I'm a relatively new guy on here & enjoyed Viper Alley while it lasted. Time marches on... it's what we consider "progress"...

So was MarkO psychic & bailed at the perfect moment or?

·
Enlightened
27,982 Posts
I dislike that at the bottom of the thread there is no navigation back to the forum, so I have to scroll to the top of the page for the nav bar.

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Laptop w ad blocker this new format sucks ass.

Hand held device? Won't even bother.

I'm a relatively new guy on here & enjoyed Viper Alley while it lasted. Time marches on... it's what we consider "progress"...

So was MarkO psychic & bailed at the perfect moment or?
What about it makes this not as good. I can't work to make things better without knowing what you dislike. We have preference settings, like dark mode, which some claim as a world of difference. I get that new, may not always look or feel better at first, but if you let me know what isn't good, I can begin to work to make it better.

I dislike that at the bottom of the thread there is no navigation back to the forum, so I have to scroll to the top of the page for the nav bar.
In the lower right corner of your browser you'll notice a small up arrow appear if you start to scroll up. This should help get you to the top of the page faster.

Otherwise if you're looking to only get back to the forum the top bar will follow you as you scroll down. Clicking the forum name on the right will get you to the home page.
The search bar... well it helps you find specific things.
"New" icon will get you to a page of only the latest threads or most recent comments
The menu icon will take you to the full forum listing.
The other two icons have their own abilities, and drop down menus too

Let me know if any of those help you navigate around.

-Gerrit

·
Enlightened
27,982 Posts
Clicking on the forum name takes me back to the home page.
When I am done reading a thread there is no navigation button there to take me back to the forum listing that I am viewing. So my options are to use the back button (unless I have paged through a thread, which means multiple backs) or i have to start scrolling, click the arrow and then find the navigation bar.

What I was thinking was between the "21-34 of 32 posts" and the "prev 1 2" links could be a link back to the forum you are viewing - one action, not multiple with hunting for items.

As it is not, I am having to hunt around for navigation items that require me to "do this and then do that" where it could be simplier - read this, click to go back.

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Clicking on the forum name takes me back to the home page.
When I am done reading a thread there is no navigation button there to take me back to the forum listing that I am viewing. So my options are to use the back button (unless I have paged through a thread, which means multiple backs) or i have to start scrolling, click the arrow and then find the navigation bar.

What I was thinking was between the "21-34 of 32 posts" and the "prev 1 2" links could be a link back to the forum you are viewing - one action, not multiple with hunting for items.

As it is not, I am having to hunt around for navigation items that require me to "do this and then do that" where it could be simplier - read this, click to go back.
Just to clarify so I fully get it,

You're looking to mirror the forum nesting links at the top of the page:

at the bottom of the page?

I know this exists under the recommended reading section:

Is this too low, or does this fulfill what you're looking to see on the site?

-Gerrit

·
Impartial person
13,471 Posts
I like that (apparently) if someone posts a huge picture, it doesn't expand other peoples text so far to the right that I have to scroll and forth to read it.

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,422 Posts
Can we get a "dislike" button? I mean, this is the Alley. Was the Alley? I don't know what tense to use.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
There's a filter option at the Forum level that can sort by last date desc. I can find no such filter within a Thread itself and finding that the oldest response is shown first. Would like to have the preference to show the most recent thread replies (desc order). How do I do this? In the older, and much better site, I had a preference I could for this in my settings. Can't find it in this new format.

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
There's a filter option at the Forum level that can sort by last date desc. I can find no such filter within a Thread itself and finding that the oldest response is shown first. Would like to have the preference to show the most recent thread replies (desc order). How do I do this? In the older, and much better site, I had a preference I could for this in my settings. Can't find it in this new format.
Posts are listed with a thread in chronological order. There is not a setting to reverse the order of the thread at this time.

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

- Cricket

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,422 Posts
So..... We're NOT getting a "dislike" option? Only "Like" option? Blink twice if that's correct.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts