Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now stock the highest quality head gasket for the Viper made by Cometic gaskets. Considering the fact that the factory gaskets are $70 each from Mopar, the Cometics are a very good value at $100 each.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Good gaskets. I used to get support from them back when I raced bikes.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Specs on them are at Cometic.com. They can do Gen 1 but you would have to place a minimum order. Gen 2 & 3 are the same gasket - so we will have serveral sets in stock most of the time. Thickness available are 0.027 to 0.074 in.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
do you get a compression drop when using the thicker gaskets and if so how much? I am just at 8.5:1 now and already replaced the gaskets, but If i get the heads done I may want to try thicker gaskets.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan - yes the thicker the gasket means that there is more volume in the chamber and thus the cr goes down. I am guessing its about 0.1 cr per 0.0100 thickness. If you have an engine or head guy - they can give you an exact number based upon all your variety of engine specs.

Thx Chad for correcting my typo.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Dan - yes the thicker the gasket means that there is more volume in the chamber and thus the cr goes DOWN. I am guessing its about 0.1 cr per 0.0100 thickness. If you have an engine or head guy - they can give you an exact number based upon all your variety of engine specs.

·
Registered
533 Posts
What thickness would you guys recommend on a stock Gen1, just filters, tubes, no cats? Would it make sense to get a thinner gasket to raise compression of a Gen1? What is OEM thickness?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.