Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be running at National Trail raceway which is a NHRA track. The safety requirements will be use common sense:

1. seat belts must be up to date (5-points)
2. Helmet
3. Long Pants
4. Safety apparrel for the times you run
5. Do not show up with a 9 second car with-out a roll bar and side bar
6. Recommend Half-shaft Safety loops

Stock Vipers will be fine with Helmet and long pants

We will be able to run our Vipers to the fullest potential as long as we do all we can do safety wise! If you come expecting to run with-out adequate safety equipment you will be declined by the V-10 Nationals to run this race! We will not allow one car to make them crack down on all Vipers. MAKE SURE YOU DO ALL YOU CAN DO!!! AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU CAN RUN!!!
If you have any questions concerning your cars performance please ask now and make arrangements!

This will be one of our greatest events of the year! we want you there but more importantly we must be safe!!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
NHRA rules for 9.99 or faster;
Need a full cage(not a 5 point),window net,fire suit
150mph needs a chute

are they going to require this ? Does anyone have a FULL cage in their car ?

I have a 5 point with a drivers bar
driveshaft loop
5 point belts(up to date)
fire jacket

Will they let me run ?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
twinvipers said:
NHRA rules for 9.99 or faster;
Need a full cage(not a 5 point),window net,fire suit
150mph needs a chute

are they going to require this ? Does anyone have a FULL cage in their car ?

I have a 5 point with a drivers bar
driveshaft loop
5 point belts(up to date)
fire jacket

Will they let me run ?

Yes :nod:

That is about all you can do. Might look at a driveshaft safety loop but I think you are in good shape.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the info on one hotel that is 35 minutes from the track. I am waiting on another that is only 10 minutes from the track.

there are alot of Hotels but we need one that has secured and plenty of Parking for trailers and Rigs

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
twinvipers said:
Keep us posted...

What about registration ?
Registration is being uploaded now on the website. should be done any minute. as soon as it is I will post and link the updated entry form.

Updated points and Records will also be up tonight

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Since my car is basicly stock, I assume I am ok WITHOUT 5 point harnesses?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Guys use some common sense in the tech line at Columbus. I run there regularly with the OHIO VCA. I run low 11s with no bars etc. Never been questioned. I did show the tech guys my service book highlighting the "roll loop" installed in all coupes. To the tech guys all Vipers look the same. Don't brag about your ETs. When asked performance questions by tech. If you don't have a bar in the car "I think it runs low 12". If you have a 6 point bar "It runs 10s" If your in the tens have a helmet, jacket and good belts.
I think David is scheduling the street tire shoot out which will run as part of the tracks test and tune Friday Night program. The track will see cars running that meet all NHRA rules on street tires. ie Cars in the tens with bars and "stockers" in the 11s. On Saturday the track is rented by Classic Events and we will share our program with the NEO Nationals. The Promoter and the track will help as much as possible. Just play it smart and don't draw attention to yourself if you are questionable on equip. Rules are rules so keep it under the radar.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Simms said:
Since my car is basicly stock, I assume I am ok WITHOUT 5 point harnesses?
yes

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Street Tire shoot-out will run on Friday Night!

·
Premium Member
20,177 Posts
Anybody have a used or cheap 5 point harness? Looks like I will be stuck needing one for this race. Hey Roof, will the safety requirements be the same for LA before VOI?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tom Welch BTR PErformance has a nice one.
Racing Solutions
Parts Rack (Maybe)

ALl these above support the V-10 Nationals tremendously if you can buy on efrom them.

thanks

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jkracer said:
David
just posted in the wrong area.

Then there will be no unlimited class? Full cage or do not run faster than 9.99 or cut your car up for a full roll cage.

rohn
Rohn

There will BE AN UNLIMITED CLASS!!! there will be no problems expecially with your car! there is nothing else you can do to it! Relax, Take a deep breath! All is well!!! See other post

The unlimited class will be stacked!

David Boggs
David Boggs RSI TT
Rohn Kittell
RSI
Underground racing (2-3 cars)
BTR Tom Welch
BTR LEe Saunders
HMS
HEffner
Twin Vipers
I am sure there is more coming as well! these are those I know I am sure there will be more!

Just get the cars ready to race!!!
Mayb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.