Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to freshen up my cognac seats in my rt. Is there a product….cream …dye etc that you have used with good results?
thank you
I use a good leather conditioner at least one a year. Any quality name brand will probably do the job. If your seats have never been treated before there are some two part, cleaner and conditioner, kits on the market. My 02' leather is like new.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
^^ can't' tell if serious?!

Listen up cowboys. Head to your closest Tractor Supply/Rural King type store & head toward that horsey supply isle. Notice those saddle soaps/leather conditioners/etc.?

Yea, whippersnappers these cowpokes have been perfecting these products for many moons to maintain their EXPENSIVE leather gear that is exposed to mother nature... something tells me this might be where anyone should buy their car detailing products for leather.

Reactions: plumcrazy

·
Landscaping Professional
14,158 Posts

This stuff is fantastic. I use it on my exotic western boots, shoes and belts, leather furniture and my car seats. It SMELLS like new leather and has a viscosity between shampoo and sunscreen lotion.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

This stuff is fantastic. I use it on my exotic western boots, shoes and belts, leather furniture and my car seats. It SMELLS like new leather and has a viscosity between shampoo and sunscreen lotion.
Awe HELL YEA, now we're talking!

So I bought a one owner 25k mile 2003 G55 AMG from an older gentleman that collected German & English cars. His health was beginning to fail & wanted his 7-8 car collection to go to good homes, hence the G-wagon I bought.

He made me promise to condition the leather upholstery once per year... no more, no less with the stuff listed below. He swore by it & said store it in a fridge. So in the fridge it is, once per year it shall be. Works great, strong smell. I actually thought it was more expensive than this?

His English rides were Rolls-Royce, special order stuff, former BIG baller. Told a story of a (can't remember the model Rolls) of one he ordered & it was delivered late. So they flew it to the local airport. For his inconvenience they hand crafted an engraved golden pistol with his name that stored in the glove box. Cool story, great cars, fine gentleman... hope he's still doing well.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Fyi The absolute best fix for cognac interior is black dye or a new interior that isn't cognac
Just a glorified word for a woman's color tan.
Hairstyle Purple Happy Leisure Fun

Reactions: plumcrazy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts