Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted (by VPRVENM97) over at .morgue. I thought it was worthy of reposting over here in case anyone missed it. It was new to me and I haven't tried it yet, but here it is.

Remove the knee blocker trim panel below the steering column

Attachments

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
I am going to do this modification this week. I read the thread over at the VCA and why this was not discovered before amazes me. Seems so easy to do.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Damnit!!!! That was my next mag article!!!! I already have it all done, just didn't submit it yet! Should I go ahead with it????

DW

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can adjust each pedal individually by removing the retaining clip and turning the cables clockwise to move the pedal towards you and counterclockwise to move the pedal away from you.

Attachments

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get in the drivers seat and test out the position of the pedals before you reassemble. I drove mine just to make sure the pedals were in the right position before I reassembled everything.

Attachments

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David Weaver said:
Damnit!!!! That was my next mag article!!!! I already have it all done, just didn't submit it yet! Should I go ahead with it????

DW
Sorry David /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
I just never realized that this could be done before....so simple an adjustemnt.

Sure...go ahead. Hell, I stole it to begin with! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Good post. Wish I would have known this before I broke my back and got stuck under my dash putting in the Roe clutch piece.

But, I am happy with it too, so no loss.

Toby, you must have been slacking. There was dirt under the driver seat when I removed it! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
simms said:
Good post. Wish I would have known this before I broke my back and got stuck under my dash putting in the Roe clutch piece.

But, I am happy with it too, so no loss.

Toby, you must have been slacking. There was dirt under the driver seat when I removed it! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
I feel so ashamed. /images/graemlins/sad

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you have the adjustement knob for the entire pedal assembly, then it should work. I believe these were introduced in 1996.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but at least you know I'm using the search though :)

The clutch pedal travel is too long and when I adjust the pedals closer, my right foot is cramped up...do I want to adjust the clutch pedal closer to me or adjust the gas and brake pedals further from me?

Will adjusting the clutch pedal closer to me prevent the clutch from engaging...say if it was adjusted a lot?

Thanks,
Alex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts