Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, it's almost gone.

I've stopped driving the Viper because it slips way too much.

Fitzgerald is quoting me around $1500.00, which I do not have due to moving, etc.

Where can I find a "good" clutch for now to get me through? Anyone know about LUK clutches?

hate being poor white trash...

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
eBay - LUK OEM clutchs - complete with pressure plate and throwout bearing. Sell all day long for $210 - shipping included.

Search on Viper Clutch.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
I just ordered 2. $205 delivered. It's the stock clutch, as LUK is the OEM manufacturer. I'd then consider having a transmission person put it in - they should be more reasonable than the dealer.

Hope this gets you back on the road quickly (and inexpensively)

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome!

Now, where did I put that "How to disect a Viper" book...

"Honey, break out the 2x4's, I need to build a ramp!"

·
Registered
259 Posts
LUK is fine for stock Viper. The LUK replacement clutches don't last like the originals. If you run slicks at the drags don't bother with a replacement stock clutch because they don't last. My last two were gone in one year and I only go to a couple drag dates a year.

I'm trying a Spec Clutch this time.

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Considering my original clutch, in a stock Viper, has only lasted 15,500 miles I guess a LUK can't be too bad.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I put the LUK clutch in mine...

Works great for my stock purposes...

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
BEEN THRU THE CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL EQUATION FOR DRAG RACING.THE BEST CLUTCH IVE FOUND IS THE STOCK REPLACEMENT LUK REP CLUTCH.IVE ALSO WENT THRU THE ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL PROGRAM FOR DRAG RACING. THE BEST FLYWHEEL FOUND WAS THE STOCK OEM REPLACEMENT FLYWHEEL. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif :dance:

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
-RUNNR said:
Considering my original clutch, in a stock Viper, has only lasted 15,500 miles I guess a LUK can't be too bad.

Don...Lemme know if you need a flywheel. I can hook you up.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
JT said:
eBay - LUK OEM clutchs - complete with pressure plate and throwout bearing. Sell all day long for $210 - shipping included.

Search on Viper Clutch.

Has anyone ever gotten a LUK that came with the correct alignment tool??? Mine did not, which was not biggie, but I can see it being a pain in the ass if you weren't aware of this up front...

Don may need to borrow one...

·
Premium Member
19,236 Posts
dansauto said:
yes, I have an extra flywheel too, free ya just gotta pay actual shipping charges. I went Al.
Hey Dan,
How do you like the ailumnum over the stock? I am getting ready to replace mine and have an aluminum ready to go in, but don't want to make a 6 hour mistake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts