Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sexist
43,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
205K on the stocker. Has anyone had to change theirs? I have no clutch pedal pressure and I'm 90% sure it's the slave but I was wondering if anyone had any input regarding the master.

Kinda disappointed 'cause I changed the clutch and slave in 2013 at 142K miles (I keep excellent records) and I expected the new components to last at least 100K.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,004 Posts
Still on my OE 25 years later. However, I don't have anywhere near the duty cycles yours have had.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Same here, never have had issues with the master portion of the system. But, as Dean said, not near as many cycles.

·
Premium Member
19,102 Posts
More likely the slave, but you never know. The Master would be the easiest to change. Is there any leaks from under the front of the trans?

·
Sexist
43,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I bled the slave it would continue to leak after tightening the bleed screw, so yes, there was a leak at the front of the tranny. New clutch came today. Slave should arrive tomorrow. Hope I have #34 off the lift this weekend so I can fix my DD Viper. :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Just replaced my slave,master, and clutch as my slave was leaking. The fluid in the master looked pretty dark which had me thinking the seals in the Master are deterioted after 25 years of use. Probably a little overboard for me to replace the master, but it's not a bad job once you get done hooking up the rod to the pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts