Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how much clearance there is there?....id like to weld a bar across the top of them to mount solenoids but im afraid there isnt enough room for them there. if i have to, i can weld the bar half way down the tubes so the solenoids sit lower but think it would look better if the bar were across the top.

anyone know?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Stand a column of your favorite color Play-dough on top of the smooth tubes and shut the hood. Then open and measure.

Or pull our your NACA duct and see if you can get a measurement through the hole in the hood.

·
Registered
24,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking of a similiar way to measure it...but i like THAT way better.

thanx FE065

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Phil, you want your icemen to be that visible?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I always thought a stealth TT would be cool...

With a little ingenuity you could run the intercooler-throttle body tubes from a black painted intercooler up through the bottom-front of the OEM airbox, out the back of the airbox, and and then through oversize but similar looking rubber OEM-stye flex tubes to the TBs.

Only the new fuel rails and any engine management box would give it away to the casual observer..

...Hey I'm tellin' ya I haven't done a thing to it! :cool:

:rofl:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
plumcrazy said:
its hard to be stealth in a viper...
true dat... :rofl:

·
Registered
24,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PRVT JET, thanx...thats about what im gonna do. except im welding a piece of flat stock across my chrome tubes about half way down, drilling any necessary holes and then re-chroming. nitrous and fuel solenoids on top of the bar and purge hanging downward from it.

is there any problem putting in those elbows for the fuel line into the solenoid?..i wouldnt think so but read somewhere about restriction with that.

nice clean install.

if ya got anymore pics....send them my way.

·
Registered
24,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ion case anyone was curious about it....just a hair over 1-1/8"

gonna need to drop the bar to the middle similiar to PRVT JET's set up.

·
Registered
24,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im gonna weld a flat bar across the chrome tubes about 2/3 theway down them...shouldn't be a problem, thanx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.