Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock gen2 exhaust system I plan on using for a winter project. It is in perfect shape but has formed surface rust here and there. What's the best way to clean it up? I thought about sand blasting but I wouldn't know where to take it, it's too big to fit in those relatively small units.

· Registered
3,847 Posts
What about a scotch pad, or the ones made by 3M. They clean up aluminized pipe nice, but I would not use them on anything polished unless you want that brushed look.

· Registered
337 Posts
95Viper said:
OK, I know this is a lame question but I want a freakin answer.
I'd just use a metal brush, kinda like one they use on bbq grills etc. Should do the trick. If you care that much, they make high heat rustoleum, just spray that shit right on the rust and it should take the heat.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
dont wire brush it geesh.

klean strip rust remover jelly (some call it navel jelly??) first then mothers billet metal polish is the best combo. it'll look better than new.

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...Passin Gas, I bought two of the green 3M pads over the weekend and I'm getting the jelly V10Mojo said. I'll let you know if I need more help with the other pads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.