1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I like it too.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
It's a great looking car. I'm sure it'll sell very well. I'd like to see one in black with crome 20's on it. Then all it would need is a blower a few supporting mods and BAM the perfect daily driver.

·
Out to lunch
10,529 Posts
I think it is a great looking car. I sat in one the other day and I really enjoyed it. I think most might find the interior a little plain but I thought it tasteful. It is a great value in it's class.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
The styling contrast between the front and the rear throws me off - much like the Dodge wagon Mark posted about a couple days ago. The front is beatiful classic styling, very American and elegant, but the rear is bland and modern - too much clash there. If DC would have made the rear of the car more contiguous with the theme of the rest of it, they'd have a 100% winner in my book.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
I went to the local dealer two weeks ago and was about to test drive one when another saleman stopped myself and the salesman helping me. He just sold the car. No test drive of that one. So the nest day I went to the dealer down the street from my job in Princeton and was looking to do the same with a loaded black one, no luck either, sold before I got there.

I think it really would make a nice pimp mobile for me. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
To me, it looks like the Green Hornet's car. :nod:

[image]http://www.katoman.com/green%20hornet%20folder/black%20beauty%20folder/beauty10.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
Jamal Austin said:
Do you have some kind of vendetta against Chrysler? It seems like you don't like any of their cars besides your GTS.
I haven't said whether I liked the 300 or not, I just haven't looked at one closely yet. And no, I have no vendetta at all against Chrysler. Believe it or not, I'm a pretty big Mopar fan. I have owned almost two dozen Dodge, Chryler, & Plymouths since 1975, the newest being a 2001 PT Cruiser. One thing I will tell you though is with the half dozen or so new Mopars that I have owned over the past 20 years, one trait that Mopars have is that over time, they fall apart. Hopefully, the quality has gotten better with their products lately. I was VERY excited when the Magnum first appeared in the magazines with a 450 hp powerplant, but after seeing one in person, to me it's not that impressive. As I've said before, with 450 hp, one can overlook a lot of other things. :nod: I will give them credit for the Neon SRT. It's a good value for someone who wants a car like that.

Personally, the cars they are building today suck when it comes to styling, in my opinion, that's all. Hopefully, when the next round of styling changes comes in a few years, their cars will look better to me.

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
I also forgot to mention that I have a new Dodge Sprinter work van on order, but that's really a Benz with a Dodge grille & badging stuck on. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I pretty much had the same experience as Jerome. They are flying off the showroom floor around here, to the tune of 3k over invoice.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Tracy

You need to get up North by me with the GTS! Theres at least several dealers calling my Pops regarding the car. We're looking at the 300C in a Metallic Mint Green that has a color that defies description! We (not me) got Tons 'O cars up in this here parts! Yee Haw! Coot Coot Coot!

Sorry bout that.. Chicago North and Northern burbs seem to have quite a few of these terrific looking cars.

Jay K.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
JGK95 said:
Tracy

You need to get up North by me with the GTS! Theres at least several dealers calling my Pops regarding the car. We're looking at the 300C in a Metallic Mint Green that has a color that defies description! We (not me) got Tons 'O cars up in this here parts! Yee Haw! Coot Coot Coot!

Jay K.
Jay, I'm trying to get my Mom into a 300C. She HATES car shopping. When in search for her last car she literally cried. /images/graemlins/headscratch /images/graemlins/dunno

It took me a month to convince her to go 5 miles to the local dealer, only to find out that the last one they had JUST SOLD. My point is there's no freakin way I'll be able to get her to go 35 miles into the city to see a "car."

Thanks for the heads up...maybe the supply and demand will even out down here.

BTW, in case you were wondering, I was NOT adopted. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I like the car A LOT and it is very likely to be my next passenger car. Local dealer tossed me the keys to a 300C (Hemi) and let me take it out for a couple hours (dealer is a fellow Viper owner). I think the front and sides look awesome, while the ass-end is a little plain for my tastes. Car was very quiet but you could still hear the engine when you gave it a little gas (didn't punch it since it had less than 100 miles on it). Got a LOT of looks, even though it was "stealth silver" (my least favorite color on this car). Interior materials (door panels and parts of the dash) seemed typical "Chrysler plastic", but other parts seemed to be slightly more upscale. I would option mine to the hilt with navigation system, sunroof, HID lights, side curtain airbags, Boston Acoustic stereo, etc. And still pick it up for around $35K.

[image]http://www.autonews.com/images/random/nyshow2003/chrysler/300/3002.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.autonews.com/images/random/nyshow2003/chrysler/300/3003.jpg[/image]

The three reasons I have not made the leap are:

1. Would like to see it in AWD (Fall of 2004).

2. Want to see if a supercharged version is announced (Automobile magazine says it is in the works, with 430 HP).

3. Need to make room in the garage. Just bought a new Denali XL, so not in a huge hurry.

While I buy 95% of my cars in black, the Midnight Blue is absolutely gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.