Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the time being here is a link. I just too damn tired to post the individually again.

Chicago Auto Show.

I will say I like the Gen 2 better than the SRT. This was my first time to see one in person and it is too soft.

The Ram SRT did not impress me much either. Yeah 500 hp will be cool but if someone just wants that look all one has to do is buy some wheels and aftermarket body parts. For me it does not set itself apart from a regular Ram.
I would buy the Chevy SSR before I forked over the $$$ Dodge is going to ask for the Ram.

Would have posted them last night, but I was a little busy. /images/graemlins/bootyshake.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
I thought I was in the Twighlight Zone man! I didn't read where the link was. I was trippin because I couldn't figure out how I ended up over there! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i heard teh SSR is supposed to approach 40K:ugh:

The Ram SRT-10 is not just wheels and a body kit, it's a Viper truck, not a hemi, not a 6 cyl it's a V-10! it's meant to haul ass, and it will.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i heard teh SSR is supposed to approach 40K:ugh:

The Ram SRT-10 is not just wheels and a body kit, it's a Viper truck, not a hemi, not a 6 cyl it's a V-10! it's meant to haul ass, and it will.
That is a good point Craig. I just feel Dodge could have done more to set it apart from the Ram other than a motor(which is one awesome powerplant). However, I would want a truck that really stood out from everything else like the SSR would(IMO). The Ram SRT, to me, would not be recognized as easily as being different. Kind of like why we drive Vipers and not Vettes. The brand does not mean much to me, but the styling does. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts