3,471 Posts
ultimate 70's muscle car? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Way before your time, Craig.
LS6 Chevelle was the stoplight king.
Low 13's out of the showroom. 12's with slicks.

No VIN# listed on that auction.
All the bidders already know the details of that car.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Actually Craig knows a little bit about muscle cars. His Father is a few 60's Mopars that would knock your socks off. But laughing at this car is a bit silly too. It is one nice ride.

$354,200.00 was the winning bid. WOW I wonder if that was true or some sort of BS auction.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looking at the bid history it's legit, it went from 190k to the end in what looks like a very expensive battle. Thats bad ass but I know I wouldn't pay that price for it.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I'd pay about 10k.. All it's worth to me... /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
542 Posts
Holy shit, there isn't a chance in hell I would pay anywhere near that for any chevelle. Must be a collector thing, but IMO the seller made a killing and there isn't a chance in hell the buyer will make any of that back unless he holds onto it for 10 years minimum.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Ray from NJ said:
Way before your time, Craig.
LS6 Chevelle was the stoplight king.
Low 13's out of the showroom. 12's with slicks.

No VIN# listed on that auction.
All the bidders already know the details of that car.
Yeah what would I know about 60's and 70's muscle cars :rolleyes: I have personally driven a real ZL-1 Camaro so I know a tad about these cars. As for the Chevelle being the ultimate 70's muscle car that is simply untrue. There were too many of them made. Look at the collector car market. The $$ spent will easily show you which ones are considered the "ultimate" Untill someone pays $1million for a LS6 chevelle convert the 71 Hemi Cuda convert will remain king.

As for the fastest muscle car the 69 440-6 roadrunner and 70 HEMI cuda are a bit in front of the chevelle.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/general/musclecars-50fast.shtml

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
funkmasterflex would be proud and yeah I would almost kill for that car.

·
RMPL
21,888 Posts
Seems to have been a real auction. The seller has already given the buyer good feedback for fast paying. The seller will be paying e-bay their share.
The buyer's previous purchase was six cents for some yugio cards.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hmmm,

One original Chevelle for $345k or two original Ford GTs for $350k??? I'd go with the GTs, park one to sell 30 years from now and drive the other one.

·
Your Humble Servant
10,419 Posts
Interesting. I had a friend that had 1970 SS Chevelle 454 with a bench seat but his car was a 4-speed car (and I don't think it was an LS-6). I bet he'd die if he saw that. That seems like an absurd amount of money for that car. Neat car, I just think that's a lot to pay for it.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
You have got to be kidding me? Damn, it would cost next to nothing to get an old Chevelle and drop in a 502. I think you'd have about 30k into the whole project...and that's with body work and new seat ect.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
THAT CARS BEEN IN DUPONT ALOT NICE CAR

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
RIDICULOUS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts