Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Viper 'T' is a one-off street rod modeled after a Track 'T' concept. Incorporating an aluminum frame, V-10 Viper engine, 727 automatic transmission, Viper rear suspension, aluminum I beam front leaf suspension, The 1928 'T' body has been widened 5.5", brakes are Wilwood Black in front and Viper in rear, wheels are one-off Colorado Custom 18" front and rear, tires are Pilot Sport front and rear. Interior is one-off by Krist Interiors, gauges are Autometer inlayed into a Mohagany dash. Cooling is accomplished by fore and aft radiators.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=175638

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Mixed feelings about it. Kinda cool....but too contemporary. Especially the dash and the tires. The fronts should be skinnies. And the blue headers... :ugh:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the Chuck Barris hot rod thing, but I bet it'll smoke a Prowler.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Personally I think its a cool ride! Although a little unorthodox for the "Viper World", I can appreciate people who "think outside the box".
Someone had an idea and went for it. Kudos to the designer/builder! :thumb: Do I like 100% of the result? No.

IMHO, I would not have used wood in the interior, as this rod (albeit retro body) is a "modern creation" with lots of high tech, and the "retro" wood does nothing for me. Also I certainly would not have painted the headers blue, although it does draw more attention to the V10! :thumb: I think I would have used Jet Black or possibly chromed them. But these are minor "personal" choices. (Choices easily changed.) Overall I like it.

As for safety concerns, .... ????? YES! This rod could be dayum scary!! The torque to weight ratio on this bastard has to be dangerous. You certainly would not want to give the keys to your teenager! (or your wife! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Yeah, who's gonna jump me for that comment?) :angel: :burn:

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Jason Heffner said:
I think it needs twin turbos.
That's the spirit! :thumb: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif - and with the latitude and room in there - just think how good it would look after you had done your magic! :angel:

Maybe a little extra bracing & cage to cope with it... and yeah - no blue on the exhaust, what were they thinking?

Rods are cool fun - a friend of mine runs a tunnel rammed 426 Hemi in a T-bucket - it will frighten small children from 50 feet, but is the money on a sunny day. It is not the money caught in a cloud burst squirrelling sideways just trying to drive it home.... he had to get rid of those nasty hard compound Mickey Thompson fats and get soft compound - now it is safe in the wet... wet, but safe....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.