Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my AUDIO, any better ideas for 10\" sub in an RT/10?

Just posted pics of my audio system. I built it all myself! Not bad for an ametuer eh? I hope to never have to do another, RT/10 is a bitch to install into. There's barely room for 10" sub anywhere! Check out my gallery for all the [image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/9888/password//sort/1/size/medium/cat/500/page/[/image] pictures.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Re: Check out my AUDIO, any better ideas for 10\" sub in an RT/10?

I saw the pics in your gallery and I really like what you did with the trunk. Nice clean install for anyone amateur or not.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts

Nice looking set up. Is there a grill that covers the speaker in the passenger footwell? How many speakers total and how does it all sound with all the road noise/exhaust from a viper?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

Nice set-up man..awesome

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts

How much horsepower is it good for?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the compliments!!! I have a grill that goes over the sub so those 5" heels don't punch through like they do to my soft top! I have Boston 3 way seperates so I have a total of 7 speakers and it will blow your head off even with the loud pipes. I left out the center speaker because it's a horrible place for a speaker, totally throws off the sound stage. You can see I replaced it with a Viper emblem that I made, it lights up red. I'll be posting pics of that when it's finished to perfection. I have headers and no cats so it gets loud but that xtant amp keeps the tunes plenty louder. Unfortunately I think I added about 150 pounds to my car. Good thing I'm skinny to compensate for the extra weight! BTW, I am supposed to have picture(s) in the next Viper mag issue about custom interiors.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts

Chuck 98 RT10 said:
How much horsepower is it good for?

my thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

To bad you don't live in San Diego...I'd enlist your services !

Awesome installation :thumb:

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts

Any more pictures of the sub? Maybe some in better lighting. It's hard for me to see exactly what you did and it's impact on passenger footwell space.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just posted a picture of the sub in the light. I used an Audiomobile sub that was rated as the best 10" sub ever tested by car audio mag a couple years ago. I think they have since gone out of biz though. Anyway, the magnet on it is HUGE so I had to sacrifice a bit of leg room. It's not bad riding if you are not tall. No one has complained yet about being in my passenger seat so I guess it's ok, I don't have to sit there. The box is sealed and made of 3/4" MDF. The odd shape of the footwell presented quite a challenge for me to make a box the right shape. I think I would use fiberglass next time. I found carpet and vinyl that are an exact match to the stock materials. Excuse the dirty interior please!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts

Looks good and all, but now where is your cell phone gonna slide to when it falls off the seat?!

{running joke}

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts

remold rear t panle to accomodate a 8 or 10. best way and no legroom lost, plus with good enclosure, will sound better

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

a 10" is a little to obnoxious up there for me. Plus the sub I chose is too deep. I would like to see it though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts