Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you s/c guys throw a check engine light from time to time? Im told that there is a very fine line on these cars where the computer can be fooled to thinking that all engine parameters are normal. Theres a tuners car that I know of that always throws the light and the code reads something to the extent of "low voltage to the mass air senser". The only correction is to run the car really rich at idle, around 10.5 to 1, this solves the light but puts the engine out of tune.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I used to throw 'em on a regular basis, but when my Viper Tech really connected the fuel injector connections I've only gotten one engine check light. That light was what Sean Roe calls a "Phantom Light" - nothing's wrong, but it still shows up. I've put over 2,000 miles on my Viper since the fuel injector connections were made happy and only had the one "Phantom Light", so I'm very happy.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There isn't a mass air sensor in the Viper. Maybe you meant MAP sensor--Manifold Air Pressure sensor.

My Heffner S/C car has never thrown a check engine light after about 6000 miles.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Steve,
My car has been supercharged for 3 months now. Ive seen a light only once and it was related to emissions control (leak detection pump). I cleared the code just once, it dissappeared and its never been back since. I would highly doubt this was supercharger related since I have logged a lot of miles over several weeks since the incident. Moreover I dont believe the car runs a "fine line" to making the car think its running normal. If your tuner gets it right, you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts