Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try chassis foam on the Viper? It's lightweight and helps stiffen the frame. I did this on my DSM and what a difference it made. It was MUCH quieter on the inside and no more creaks and pops as the unibody flexed. Handling was like night and day. I know the viper frame is stiff already but I'm of the school that a chassis can never be too stiff. It’s like being too strong…it just doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t be something I’d recommend for drag racers. I would think it’s more for Vipers that are daily/weekend drivers or road race cars.

As a test bed, I’m thinking of tiring it on my Samurai. Just see if it works on a “body on frame” type setup. Going over huge rocks and civics is the best test for chassis flex. :cool:

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
I don't think foam will strengthen the frame like it would a uni-body car..... And I can't imagine dealing with that stuf finthe event of a repair or parts replacement / upgrade....

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mchafin said:
Yeah but for going over huge rocks and the occasional Civic you want as much flex as possible.

Yes, you want lots of flex...but not from the chassis. You want as much suspension travel (flex) as possible. You never want the chassis to flex. Normally a "body on frame" is much more stout than a unibody, That's why you never see a CRV or RAV4 doing crazy shit off road. But the trade off is how heavy it is. Do you want it strong, or do you want it light.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
too much of a mess. for peace and quite i would just dynomat everything (i think ive got a couple hundred pound throughout my bucket) and up the wattage of the stereo... viola' no squeaks or rattles!

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JT said:
I don't think foam will strengthen the frame like it would a uni-body car..... And I can't imagine dealing with that stuf finthe event of a repair or parts replacement / upgrade....

You could be right. % wise, it may not.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
V10 MOJO said:
too much of a mess. for peace and quite i would just dynomat everything (i think ive got a couple hundred pound throughout my bucket) and up the wattage of the stereo... viola' no squeaks or rattles!
Damn...you are just too funny. :rofl:

To do it on a viper it would require a lot of work. I agree....messy...you bet. But to have a superstrong frame, it might be worth it to get that extra power to the gound, or that extra .5mph in the twisty stuff.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JT said:
And I can't imagine dealing with that stuf finthe event of a repair or parts replacement / upgrade....

The stuff goes INSIDE the frame, if you bend up the frame on a viper, do you really want to keep the car anyway?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
wasnt being funny. i was serious, dynomat will do the job as long as you dont mind a few extra pounds

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Craig201MPH said:
my god you are mental.
Craig:

Yea I'm just as mental now as I was when I said Vipers can make 1500bhp. You where one of the biggest flamers. You know you where craig.

NOW WHAT BITCH! :fist:

I know of a Viper that makes OVER 1200rwhp ON PUMP GAS. That was BEFORE the new and improved exhust system. He's just a touch of N20 away from making 1500bhp if not there already. I bet there is STILL power left in that motor on boost alone.

You don't know shit craig. Keep flaming.

Pop Quiz craig. I'll even make it easy, I'll give you the manufacture.

What car from Nissan comes with parts of the Chassis foamed?

Do a search you'll find it. I have faith in a smart guy like you.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Tanked said:
Craig:

Yea I'm just as mental now as I was when I said Vipers can make 1500bhp. You where one of the biggest flamers. You know you where craig.

NOW WHAT BITCH! :fist:

I know of a Viper that makes OVER 1200rwhp ON PUMP GAS. That was BEFORE the new and improved exhust system. He's just a touch of N20 away from making 1500bhp if not there already. I bet there is STILL power left in that motor on boost alone.

You don't know shit craig. Keep flaming.

Pop Quiz craig. I'll even make it easy, I'll give you the manufacture.

What car from Nissan comes with parts of the Chassis foamed?

Do a search you'll find it. I have faith in a smart guy like you.

Is it the Stanza?

A: Who gives a flying fuck.

Stop riding someone elses nutsack. Congrats that you know of a car that produces 1200 rwhp on pump gas, what's your address so I can mail you a cookie?

Where did I ever say that Vipers can't make 1500 h.p.? I'd like to see that quote.

Tell you what, go assemble a grasp of the English language and proper grammar. Then we will have a discussion, ok?

Aside from that, you are a fucking retard. Go ahead and fill your frame full of shit. Clearly of someone with your genius can rationalize why one of the stiffest frames ever in a sports car could benefit from it.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's because your dumb ass can't find it. If you care or not, that's not the point. If I'm sooooooo mental, why is it done from the factory?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Like I said, I don't give a shit what Renault..err nissan does at the factory. This might be of relevance (that means it would be important to me) if I was a nissan enthusiast but I am not. Congrats, you know some useless facts. Hurrah!

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's because your dumbass can't find it. The point isn't if you care or not. The point is, here is something that YOU have never heard of. Something YOU have never thought about. So YOU think I'm mental because I'm applying something that worked very well for me in another project. If that makes me mental, fine I'm mental. I guess when I apply a large single turbo to my viper I'll be mental then too.

A: Q45....and there are others.

Q: Why are chassis engineers tring to increase chassis stiffness without adding weight? Can you answer that craig.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
So this magical foam doesn't weigh anything? wow!

I just don't give a shit, the Q45 isn't anywhere as stiff as a Viper, it doesn't need it. Please go fill your frame up with foam and when you start cracking the roof panel on your car you can contact Bonkers to see how he would fix it.

Go single turbo on your car I don't care, just please STFU about foam.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.