Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I swap my 8.5 quart to a 10 quart oil pan, do I need any supporting updated parts? I'll use the 00-02 windage tray but I'm curious if I need to replace my existing dip stick or dip stick tube.

·
Premium Member
19,069 Posts
Nope, it should be a direct swap. There was a guy selling a 10 quart pan for $1200 in the classifieds

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome. It looks like Mopar gasket 5037022AA is available for around $100 and Dan Lesser's oil pan gasket is around $200. Any one have experience with the "new" Mopar gasket?

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
I think the OEM gasket is NLA. I have one of the Cometic gaskets although I have not used it. Like most of Dan's Cometic offerings it *looks* great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the OEM gasket is NLA. I have one of the Cometic gaskets although I have not used it. Like most of Dan's Cometic offerings it *looks* great.
Dave, I believe you're right that the original Gen 2 gasket (p/n 04763744) is unavailable but it appears that multiple dealers are listing Mopar 5037022AA as a recently produced replacement. Interesting that Dodge would pity us and start producing the gasket if that is in fact what's happening.

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
Interesting. Have you contacted one of them to confirm actual stock? I've noticed that detail is sometimes overlooked with their web offerings i.e. it really isn't available to ship lol.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Interesting. Have you contacted one of them to confirm actual stock? I've noticed that detail is sometimes overlooked with their web offerings i.e. it really isn't available to ship lol.
As weird as it is, the NS1 [cancellation] on the Gen-2 oil pan gasket was actually removed, and stock was added to the system last month. Only thing I can figure is they or their vendor found some NOS sitting somewhere and added them back to inventory. IIRC, there were like 10-20 that showed up.

I did order, and have received one- it is double packed, kinda like it was sitting in a production bag and then thrown in a new mopar package.

Definitely weird, have never seen them reverse an NS1 before, and it certainly seems to be the only part they are doing it with other than the arrival of more Gen-2 Water Pumps out of nowhere, but that part was never NS1, just Back-Ordered. G1 is still NS1.

·
Landscaping Professional
13,953 Posts
Not sure if exactly the same manufacturer, but operates exactly the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts