Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The most amazing part of the TX2K5 was Chad and his driving.

Chad ran in the 1/8 mile a 139 mph . Just think about that for a minute from a standing stop to the eight mile reaching a speed of 139mph, that is truly fucking awesome.

The race that made the whole weekend was the first qualify run Chad made against the AAP Supra. The race Supra that probably weigh in at 2700lbs to Chad's 3800lbs street Viper(although Viper have more displacement.....but Chad only has one power adder apposed to their 2).

Chad's hole shot the Supra.

Then Chad pulled hard to the left and had to pedal the car and back out of it some and centered the car back into to the grove, while the Supra stayed on it in the groove.
Then Chad powered back into his Viper and it pulled hard right .....pedaling again and back out out it pulled it back into the grove and powered back into her.

1/8 mile he is now going 139 mph and pulling straight and still giving the AAP one HELL of a race .....both of this bad ass car and drivers giving each other one HELL of killer knock and knock out fight.

At the end of the 1/4 mile Chad had taken down the AAP Supra but not by much .....

Chad was 8.29 at a 177 mph

AAP Supra was a 8.30 at a 167mph.

I hope someone (Super Squirrel aka Norm) has this on video because it is KICK ASS!!!!!!

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
LQQK at the LIFT of CHAD'S FRONT END!! WOO HOO!! Who's got a close up of that one??

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
WARDO, YOU OLE BLIND SQUIRREL YOU..................I THOUGHT YOU HAD IT ON VIDEO!DAMM THE RIGHT HAND DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE LEFT HAND IS DOING AGAIN. :rofl: :dance: :chucks: :kick: :sancho:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
HIBOOST said:
We covered 3 camera angles. I will post for you asap.. :thumb:

ahh yes, post that bad boy....I got it from one angle with my 100 dollar digital camera

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
2700lbs ! very light supra !

Chad man you make me proud owning a viper with all the added weight (3800lbs) and first year out you did more than we all expected! I congrats you and Heffner for building, driving and representing the viper community. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
What compromises the extra 400 lbs. (Turbo's, Auto,) ? Just curious... Heck, don't they say every 100 pounds is worth a 1/10th in the quarter? Hypothetically speaking, if that car weighs the same as a stock Viper you're taking 4/10 of the ET. Although, I'm sure traction is more of a problem than anything.... Mean ride anyway you slice it...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
onerareviper said:
What compromises the extra 400 lbs. (Turbo's, Auto,) ? Just curious... Heck, don't they say every 100 pounds is worth a 1/10th in the quarter? Hypothetically speaking, if that car weighs the same as a stock Viper you're taking 4/10 of the ET. Although, I'm sure traction is more of a problem than anything.... Mean ride anyway you slice it...
Onerareviper, Turbos and associated plumbing, auto tranny, roll cage, and Chad and his pair of big ones he had to have to drive that car like he did! :bowdown: :thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's a zoomed in shot on the lift.

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/pb167a1176841436d6af9e4c10a095eaf/f4d265b7.jpg[/image]

Damn.. :thumb:

I've got high resolution files if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ward, Chad's car is nothing short of incredible that is for sure. But I doubt the AAP Supra is 2700 pounds (they would have to shave 1000+ pounds to do that) I am trying to find out how heavy it is and so far I believe it's 3100 pounds.

But bringing the weight and # of power adders into it is a bit silly. The Supra has a handincp (3.0 liters as compared to 8+ liters for Chad's Viper), and Chad's has a handicap (more weight).

Both cars are badass, as are many other Supras and Vipers!

Cudaman said:
The most amazing part of the TX2K5 was Chad and his driving.

Chad ran in the 1/8 mile a 139 mph . Just think about that for a minute from a standing stop to the eight mile reaching a speed of 139mph, that is truly fucking awesome.

The race that made the whole weekend was the first qualify run Chad made against the AAP Supra. The race Supra that probably weigh in at 2700lbs to Chad's 3800lbs street Viper(although Viper have more displacement.....but Chad only has one power adder apposed to their 2).

Chad's hole shot the Supra.

Then Chad pulled hard to the left and had to pedal the car and back out of it some and centered the car back into to the grove, while the Supra stayed on it in the groove.
Then Chad powered back into his Viper and it pulled hard right .....pedaling again and back out out it pulled it back into the grove and powered back into her.

1/8 mile he is now going 139 mph and pulling straight and still giving the AAP one HELL of a race .....both of this bad ass car and drivers giving each other one HELL of killer knock and knock out fight.

At the end of the 1/4 mile Chad had taken down the AAP Supra but not by much .....

Chad was 8.29 at a 177 mph

AAP Supra was a 8.30 at a 167mph.

I hope someone (Super Squirrel aka Norm) has this on video because it is KICK ASS!!!!!!

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
587 Posts
You ain't kidding, that's really fast in the 1/4!

Reservoir Dog said:
Good God, 139mph in the 1/8th is fucking incredible. Damn that's fast.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.