Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long shot.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on SRT brake swap and just want to make sure I wont get into clearance issues with my CCW's. Any of you run IPSCO 14" setup front and rear with 18" Classics?

·
Premium Member
19,824 Posts
I am going bet they won't, but if you do it, report back. Let us know

·
Landscaping Professional
14,477 Posts
I would expect them to clear. If this was a problem, we would have heard about it from the track hounds years ago. I don't think the calipers are significantly different in overall width - it's the piston diameters within the calipers that are the meaningful. I also think the pads are longer and slightly taller because of the 14" rotors.

Reactions: RobV

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys have any experience with Stoptech kits? Do they require same shebang, cut ears off and prop valve?

·
Landscaping Professional
14,477 Posts
With any big brake kit that does away with the single piston Brembos, it is pretty pretty much a given that you will have to saw off the mounting ears and replace with a mounting bracket that uses the wheel bearing bolts for attachment.

Whether or not you need a new prop valve depends on the piston area ratio f/r. I pulled the prop valve spring out of mine 25 years ago. I've run it with both the 36mm rear pistons and the 40mm piston upgrades. Never once have I locked the rear brakes.

Reactions: RobV

·
Registered
607 Posts
I believe the issue with 18” wheels and GEN3+ or similar aftermarket brake kits is typically the emergency/parking/spot brake caliper. That’s why a relocation kit exits for GEN3+ cars to turn the cable 90* for wheel barrel clearance. The main calipers generally clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts