Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CCS tuning will be having a BBQ / Dyno day Sat. April 23rd and Sun. April 24th to celebrate our one year anniversary. Dyno runs will begin at 8am and go to around 1pm, but people are more than willing to drop by anytime. The food will be served after the dyno's are done around 3ish. We will be serving free BBQ, drinks, and sides as well as holding drawings for prices, including a grand prize pack valued at over $650. Prize drawings will be held around 4. So plenty of time to come hang out before heading off to 1431.

We have 10 openings for dyno runs each day. It is first come first serve so reply, pm, or call us at (512)670-3000 to get your name on the list. It will be a one day special rate of $20 for 2-3 pulls on the Mustang dyno including AFR (wideband). So even if you have had you car recently dynoed on a dynojet, this would be a good opportunity to see what you are actually putting down on the street. In addition Jim and I will be availible to discuss future work, price work your looking into, and/or answer any tuning related questions you might have.

So come by, say hi, check out the shop, get some free food, and win some swag!!!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Damn, I wish you weren't all the way out in Pflugerville!! :lol:

Put my name down on the roster for the Dyno. (Later on Saturday is best.) :thumb:

Now... when will my VEC2 be available! :)

·
Registered
24,065 Posts
Evilz, cant blame ya with this damn weather we got right now.

16 degrees and windy as a MOFO

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THOR said:
Damn, I wish you weren't all the way out in Pflugerville!! :lol:

Put my name down on the roster for the Dyno. (Later on Saturday is best.) :thumb:

Now... when will my VEC2 be available! :)
Got you down for the last run sat. As far as the vec, lemme see if i can get it off this weekend...

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
viper spray said:
E.J. , count me in. I will be there. Any chance you can get those Hooters girls from up the road to show?
You mean there are hooters girls you haven't hung out with? We might swing some models...

You want me to put you down for dyno? Or you just want to come by and eat our food??

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Evilz_ACR said:
Got you down for the last run sat. As far as the vec, lemme see if i can get it off this weekend...

Cool! Thanx EJ!! :thumb:

·
Registered
19,182 Posts
$20 for 2 or 3 pulls? Hell Yes put me down. I might bring some of my hot rod buddies with muscle cars also. I will let you know.......spray

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saturday is now booked...So if anyone else is interested let me know and we'll put you down for Sun. Same price, $20...

Saturdays schedule

8:00 - ramstang
8:30 - larry 03 GT
9:00 - Tim Pryor
9:30 - Mick's Magnum
10:00 - Mr. Hymes
10:30 - Jon (prodigal-sons stang)
11:00 - Clyde 04 ce z06
11:30 - Mike Eyre 96 grandsport w/nos
12:00 - Mike R. 97 GTS Viper
12:30 Jordan's 95 RT-10 Viper

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated:

PM sent Jon, I got you down for sat. let me know if you want it changed to sun.

Sun and Sat alternates list updated:

Sat. 23rd alternates

greg (scary) 04GT
Ralexand 90 C4

Sun. 24th

Kevin 82ishstang
RCSTANG
Randevil
Scary

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All spots filled....

Schedule:

Saturday April 23rd

8:00 - ramstang
8:30 - larry 03 GT
9:00 - Tim Pryor
9:30 - Mick's Magnum
10:00 - Mr. Hymes
10:30 - Greg Scary 04 GT
11:00 - Clyde 04 ce z06
11:30 - Mike Eyre 96 grandsport w/nos
12:00 - Mike R. 97 GTS Viper
12:30 Jordan's 95 RT-10 Viper

Alternates
- Ralexand C4
- Brian 65 chevelle

Sunday April 24th

8:00 - 94 boostdcobra
8:30 - 01/2cobra
9:00- brian 65 chevelle
9:30 - Craig cwpowell
10:00 - Jon Prodigal-sonstang
10:30 - Ralexand C4
11:00 - Kevin 82ishstang
11:30 - rediceatx
12:00 - RCSTANG
12:30 - Randevil

Alternates
- DerekstangGT
- Boggs88GT

There may be some time changes and cancellations in the future and I will keep this list updates as I get them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had my 1998 Z28 worked on by CCS Tuning. I must say that I am not impressed and would not recommend them. Bottom line – I paid $764 for dyno tuning, 160 deg thermostat, and a shift kit. I did not get a Dyno print out, and it appears to drive exactly the same as before except for a tad firmer shift…. I will not be going back.

Here is my story:
On March 16th, I dropped my car off to have a 160 degree thermostat installed, a shift kit and corvette servo installed ( I asked about getting the Trans Go kit, he says he makes his own…that gave me a raised eyebrow) , and dyno tuning. Jim said the car would be ready by end of business the 17th.

On March 17th, I call around 2pm to check on things. Jim mentioned that he had not started yet but should be finished by 6:30 or 7pm, and he would call me around 5pm if a problem existed. At 5pm, I call and get the machine…I live a message. At 6pm , my GF comes to pick me up and take me over there. Still no word and still get the machine. After 25 minute drive, I arrive. My car is on the lift with the transmission open. I walk in the office, and Jim is sitting in is office looking at a transmission manual. He briefly looks up and says that I am missing parts from my A4. I am shocked. I have had this car for six years and I have never had an issue with anything. The only thing ever done with the transmission was a Jiffy lube fluid change. He goes on to say that I am missing a 3 to 4 spring, and he will have to get one tomorrow. He then s starts talking about using a TH350 spring and I am not happy since I just drove out, and it is quite evident that he just started working on it. I was heading out of town for the weekend, so he offered to meet me on Sunday when I return.

On March 18th, I call from Dallas to check on things. Jim says that the throttle cable broke during a test drive, and it would be an $20 to $30, and it would be tomorrow be fore they could put in on and finish up the tune. I am now not feeling good about this at all…I am have a flashback to his comments of a Mustang Cobra that blew up just the other day on his dyno. I say ok… shit happens. I am still out of town, and will be by on Sunday. He says no problem.

On March 19th, I call at 4pm to check again. Someone besides Jim answers, and says my car is finished. I mentioned the pickup on Sunday, and he says just a minute. He chats with Jim, and says call back and leave a message on the machine, and Jim will call back. I call back leave a message that 11am on Sunday would be best but would like a call back to confirm. NO CALL BACK on March 19th.

On Sunday - March 20th , I call at 9am and leave another message. I call another 10 times over the next 7 hours. At 4pm, I get a call from him. I say I will be right over. Thirty minutes later, I pull up to his shop, and my car is in the bay with the hood up. I walk up and he is siphoning transmission fluid out of it. After a few minutes, he is finished. We walk up to the front to pay, and I ask about the dyno sheets from the tune. He says that he could not get any traction, and didn’t have any dyno runs. I am speechless. The main point of this was to get DYNO TUNING. I could understand “no traction” if I had 600hp but this is a stock LS1 with an airlid.

Bottom line – I paid $764 for dyno tuning, 160 deg thermostat, and a shift kit. It appears to drive exactly the same as before except for a tad firmer shift. I will not be going back.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guy, you're so full of shit you could jack off on the ground and a fucking tree would grow. I doubt you'll understand this, but I'm out of crayons and macaroni to paint you a picture so you'll just have to follow along and pretend like you get it. Your car has tires small enough to pass for floaties on my 3 year old when he swims. You aren't going to hook up with prophylactics on your rims. Your car WAS missing a spring in the tranny. I don't give a shit if it was working or not, it was an issue that needed to be addressed and was. I'm sure you check the hookers you pick up for "innies" or "outies" before you hit it, and we look for potential issues as well. Your throttle body cable was either already broke or it was just a coincidence that it happened at the shop. We did not touch the top of your motor, we replaced the thermostat located on the front of the block and worked on the tranny located underneath the car. You forming a mental image here or are we going to need to use hand puppets? Tuning gains can vary from car to car, motor to motor. HP numbers don't mean shit. You can pick up quicker 1/4 mi. times with no HP increase, but with firmer and quicker shifts. You may pick up 10-20HP at the top end and not really feel it at the low end. There are more variables in the numbers than holes in your story. We use the 160 thermostats to help get maximum timing on the motor before we retard it a couple degrees for the final tune. If anyone knows the meaning of the word retard, it's you. We COULD sit there and try to achieve the best numbers possible, but aiming for a specific HP number and adding more timing to get there is a sure fire way to achieve detonation and leave you taking your riding lawnmower to work.

The only thing that matters is how quick it is on the street and the track and from what Jim told me, you expressed that you were pretty happy with the work before leaving the shop. I guess you're one of those two-faced tea-baggers that smiles to your face then pounds your Chihuahua in the ass when you walk away. Darwin himself would marvel at the ineptitude of your post to illustrate even the smallest understanding of tuning or automotive knowledge. I have a mental picture of you in a storage locker with your beater camaro up on blocks with a Diablo in one hand and an etchisketch in the other drawing your own dynographs. Next time you have an issue, sack it up and say something to us before posting on a public forum or trying to instigate shit. And stop trying to swing from peoples nuts when they call you on hijacking threads over at AAS. Don't fucking ask how a guys car is running, all nice and cordial, after he just took a shit in your mouth and slammed you for hijacking his thread. Richard Simmons would call that a pussy move.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jim's reply...

First of all, I'd like to apologize to John for the threadjack, on previous thread.

You know, you tend to take it personally, when you put everything you have in everything you do.

You also tend to take it personally, when someone acts happy and satisfied, and they maliciously stab you in the back, making slanderous statements about your competence, and integrity, as soon as they turn the corner.

Here are a few facts:

-Client has something like 235 series tires on vehicle with hard tread. As you know, tires are important for traction on the street, as well as the dyno.

-I have more years of experience in mechanical design/modification, than I do tuning, which is a couple of years. I do make my own shift kits, based on proven techniques professional transmission builders have used to improve transmission diurability, and performance. One of my best clients, in fact, is recognized nationally, for their products and work, in the transmission business.This relationship affords me a wealth of information, and a way to check my work, based on someone who specializes in an area and is smarter than me, just like other folks depend on me, because I'm smarter than them, in specific areas. That said, I'll move on.

-Client externally shows no reservations about my recommendations or the way I intend on doing any of his work. He, at no time, before, during, or after, indicated any sort of dis-satisfaction, and if he wanted dyno charts of his car, which spins the tires violently after said work is done, he would have said he wanted to see proof of any sort of dyno useage, before he attempted to slander my work. You guys know that power figures will be low, when the tires spin violently on the dyno-that's common sense.

-He was told, exactly, that the car would be ready, IF NOTHING came up. As car people, you all know things come up, whether they be from the last fool that worked on the car, or any other malady that comes up. This affects the schedule, and I apologize for that, but I'll be damned if I compromise my work, because of anything short of the rapture. When I complete a job, IT IS DONE, and I put all of my energies into that endeavor.

-If you do not notice a problem with your car, it does not mean that you do not have one. Missing and misplaced transmission parts are classified as problem. I will not apologize for doing my job.

-Said car was purchased used-Do you know what the history of your car is, before you got it?

-Throttle cable broke on decel side of cheap, plastic boss. It broke on decel, and actually looked like it was rigged-since we are spreading information here, let's get ALL the facts out. You yourself said "shite happens" , and had no problem with me charging you for the parts, and NO labor to replace it. No good deed goes unpunished, as they say.

-Tad firmer shift. Um yeah, 50 foot scratch in 2nd on WOT, with a 3' kick to the right. No friggin way it ran like that before the shift kit and tuning.

-Um yeah, I pay cash for a $60,000 dyno, and prefer not to use it. That's rich! I really appreciate the accusation of me flat not doing my job, or using my equipment. That's pure slander, and based on not a damn thing. If it was such a big deal, I can strap that car down, and show you the smoke haze, if you'd like-it barely kept from spinning on your front runners when it was stock. I much rather to minimize hazing the shite out of somoene's tires, if I can help it, but hey, why not smoke a client's tires needlessly, because they don't pony up for good ones. If it was stick, I could get it to roll, but when I make an auto shift, I make it shift.

-The vehicle in our shop with a blown motor was built elsehwere, by another shop, and our shop's workload, literally, is 60% of work done elsewhere, and we do 1000% more than any other shop, to avoid those types of things, but poorly assembled engines blow up. If you were so nervous (and you had plenty of time to cancel) about my work, you could have mentioned it, bitched, or anything else. That's the manly thing to do.

-The work comes first-we know we are not perfect in some areas, but babysitting comes second to the work. ANYONE who knows me, knows that if they do get left hanging on anything, it's because I ran out of the 24 hours in the day, I'm at a funeral, or in the hospital.

-Coming in on sunday is a MAJOR deal for me to do, but I think nothing of it, to satisfy a client. Hopefully, that gets returned in loyalty-obviously, that is not always the case.

-Should you decide buy tires with traction and tread surface, you will see 15-25 more hp, at the rear wheels. I cannot do anymore than my best, which seems fairly sufficient for most people-people who spend less money than you, and substantially more than you-you test drove the car when you took delivery, and gave absolutely no indication of dis-satisfaction at the time.

- I told you I wanted to check the car later this week, and make sure all was still fine, and you told me OK. I guess you won't be coming in for your checkup, huh?

-When individuals do something like this, it does the rest of you a HUGE favor, because my energy gets switched into making the people that appreciate the work that I do, and do more for them.

-For those of you that think you are a pain in my arse, good, you make me strive to be better, and I at least know where I stand. I always have appreciated people that have candor, especially to your face.

-However, don't expect me to come in Sunday for you, it ain't happening now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to help with the hijacking of this thread but I can't just let this shit go.

Wild Wokman quit while you can! Jim knows his shit and every one that has ever seen him work knows that. You may look at the whole time issue and think well I had an appointment and it should have been done. Me and several other people look at it differently. One of my friends just got done getting a dyno tune on is mustang GT from Jim. The first day he was working on a F150 and didn’t quit till it was done (around 9 or so I think). Jim is like a Bulldog when he sinks his teeth in something he won’t let go till it’s done and done right. Then he got the stang on the lift and the first thing he did was look it over to make sure it was safe to run. He found a few things that needed to be done and fixed what he could that night and we didn’t get out of there till around midnight. The next Saturday he dyno tuned the car and to see him work on just a tune will show you that you get more than what you pay for. He ran the car at least 6 times and it took about 3-4 hours. Unlike most tuners he does every car on a per car basis not taking stuff from a similar car and using that. So with all of this being said I will say that after seeing him work and talking with him I will take his side any day on matters like this. If he said parts were missing I believe him, if he couldn’t dyno tune due to traction issues that’s on your part not his.

Just to show what he got out of the tune

the GT's previous best run (with Mike Murillo tune and other goodies):
14.05 @ 99mph w/ 2.15 60' - he couldn't find the timeslip. ET and 60' is definite, trap not 100% sure
consistent 14.1-14.2 2.1-2.2 60'

3/11/05 (same as above but with CCS tune, 160 deg thermostat, no spare or back seat):
13.77 @ 100.20mph w/ 2.05 60'

followed next 2 runs with:
13.86 @ 99.93 w/ 2.08 60'
13.82 @ 100.25 w/ 2.10 60'
consistent 13.8-13.9 @ 99-100mph w/ 2.09-2.19 60'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.