Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cartek just completed the first dyno tuning session on my new 382 stroker motor. The motor is my stock block with all forged rotating parts. Callies 4" crankshaft, Mahle pistons and Eagle rods. The hydraulic roller cam is a special grind devised by Julio; the specs are confidential. The headers are Kooks stainless and they are coated inside and out. The engine utilizes anti-friction and reflective coatings throughout. The motor was built to run strong N/A but to live indefinitely under a healthy shot of nitrous. I'll be racing it this season with a 150 shot.

I hope some Vipers will come out to play at No Problem on March 12th.

Here's a link to the initial before and after dyno numbers. Don't be fooled by the peak numbers; the gains throughout the power band are very significant. http://www.cartek.net/images/jerryloldvs382.jpg

·
Registered
444 Posts
So your running a fully built motor to make the power a viper will with a set of headers, exhaust, smooth tubes and a bit of tuning. Right, have fun with that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Damn sounds gooooooood! Wouldn't mind taking it for a test drive, I can feel the G's throwing me in the trunk now. 150 shot of the juice huh? if your car was the color green I'd call it the HULK.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acrdakota,
I run the Serious Street class in the American Super Car Challenge (http://www.rollingthunderz.com/ascc.html). All the Vipers in the class are highly modified. None of them beat me last year, in fact all the classes were pretty much dominated by the Corvettes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
b3rndtt0ast said:
and you are who JerryZ06? and we care why?
Because you're an auto enthusiast and like to see what's going on with other cars these days? Oh that's right, you're one of those stuck on himself Viper guys. Get a life.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
V10Attack said:
Because you're an auto enthusiast and like to see what's going on with other cars these days? Oh that's right, you're one of those stuck on himself Viper guys. Get a life.
Or maybe its because this board says "ViperAlley" at the top, not "Z06Alley", and if I cared what they were doing I'd go look at their board?

Nice #s Jerry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Mark,
The reason I post here is because I run in the American Super Car Challenge (Vettes & Vipers) http://www.rollingthunderz.com/ascc.html.
I kicked a bunch of Viper ass last season and was hoping to get some of you guys to give it a try. Probably not going to happen though; with the exception of V10 MOJO and Paul Suloff its been my experience that most of you guys are big talkers and nothing more.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
JerryZ06 said:
Hey Mark,
The reason I post here is because I run in the American Super Car Challenge (Vettes & Vipers) http://www.rollingthunderz.com/ascc.html.
I kicked a bunch of Viper ass last season and was hoping to get some of you guys to give it a try. Probably not going to happen though; with the exception of V10 MOJO and Paul Suloff its been my experience that most of you guys are big talkers and nothing more.
Jerry, I honestly don't mind you posting here, and I'm all for getting the marques together more. I've done the American Musclecar Challenge out here a couple of times which is a 2 day autox made up of teams of 4, usually 1 viper, 1 vette, 1 cobra, and 1 f-body. I've also done plenty of track days with everything from spec miatas to GT3Rs.

But I'm sure you're prepared to catch the shit that comes with posting your glory on this board, just as if I were to post over on the Vette board about how I thrash vettes all day long. As for those of us being "big talkers", that's just the same old bullshit I'm tired of hearing, along with V10Attack's asshole comment about us being stuck on ourselves - especially with his whopping knowledge of us here with his staggering 70+ post count. Check out the V10 Nationals threads and you'll see there are plenty of drag racers here. And although there aren't as many threads, there are a fair few of us who know our way around a roadcourse too. Speaking of which, Vettes have been invited and welcome at every ViperDays event since its inception, and guess how many ever show up? So the shit flows both ways, but you don't see me characterizing Vette owners as bald old men with a gold chain and a mid life crisis do you?

So feel free to stay, and post all you want, but post something that has some value here (and I agree that drumming up support for your race series has value) but save your bullshit owner characterizations, along with V10Attack, cause I'm sick of listening to them.

I said nice numbers, and I meant it. We all worked hard to afford whatever car we have and I respect the guy who doesn't want to wreck it just as much as the guy who isn't afaid to and is glued to my bumper at 120mph out on the roadcourse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.