Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, After many disappointing hours of searching online for real carbon fiber accessories for my viper I came to the conclusion that there really isn't a source for quality carbon fiber at reasonable prices. So I decided to partner with a large distributor of carbon fiber in an effort to produce carbon fiber parts for the viper at reasonable costs.

Our carbon fiber distributor uses only the best twill product. As a matter of fact they produce the carbon fiber frames for one of the top bicycle manufacturers as well as carbon fiber hoods for one of the top 3 auto makers. They have agreed to take on a line of products for the Viper. I hope to hear feedback on what products you feel would be needed most for your vipers in Carbon Fiber. We are rolling out the following parts at a reduced cost to test the market for carbon fiber accessories:

Door Sill Covers - $375 per set
Windshield Cowl - $275 a unit
Interior Glove Box Door - $105 per unit
Smooth Tubes both 2.5 and 3 inch ID - $110 per set w/sleeves

All of these parts are designed for Gen 1 and Gen 2 vipers. If we have success with these items we plan to introduce the following:

Interior Door Panels - Est. $700-800 pair
Interior B-Pillar covers
Interior Tunnel
Interior Dash
Hood, Door skins, and quarter panels

Again, these parts are not painted or overlays.. They are true 4 layer twill Carbon Fiber. In order to go to production on these items we need to compile 15-20 potential buyers. Please private message me with your interest or questions..

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
CitySnake said:
Hold:

You will need photos to generate any sincere interest here. Can you post some?

I agree - need pics if possible.

The cowl sounds good! Anthony has one on his beauty!! Not sure who manufactured it? or what it cost? But it looks great!!

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Im intersted in door sill covers and a windshield cowl. Youll have to post pics before I buy though. If you make a dash completely out of carbon fiber I would be interested for sure, possibly the B pillar covers, and a hood if you incorporate center louvers for more heat extraction. Are they going to be glossy with a lot of clear? or are you going to leave them a matte finish?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Good prices!

Carbon fibre is so much more expensive to produce due to the vacuum process plus the weave is far more hi tech than fibreglass.

This product line has potential.

A full carbon fibre tilt front end would not only lighten the car notably, it would be stronger too. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
ive had some excellent work done via scott at elite motorsports. the enitre dash, the side sills, the mid console, etc. itd be tough to beat the level of quality it presents but if you can post pics and prices are good, sign me up for more parts; especially door panels,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the feedback so far gentlemen.. Pictures will be available within a few weeks..

Smokin - all the parts you mentioned have been on my mind also. The Cowl will have a choice of stock or vented. The door sills can either be a thin c/f that will adhere to your door sills or a complete replacement part, your choice. You have a choice of matte or clear coated for all parts.

Torquemonster - I agree with you and would like to note again that my previous frustration has always been price.

V10MOJO - I've seen his products and they are sharp looking, but out of my price range.

Anthony GTS - would you be interested in a replacement cover or simply a thin carbon fiber overlay? the choice is yours..

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Door sill covers and windshield cowl. Would the cowl be vented?

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
i am interested. but doesnt Exotic Wood dash offer the same thing? i mean, just b/c i am a viper owner doesnt mean i wont take something that looks just as good, but is 1/4 of the cost....

:leaving:

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
For the sills how difficult is it to remove the ENTIRE piece? Thats one piece ive never touched. If the R&R isnt too involved I would like an entire peice rather than an overlay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Simms - The cowl can be vented or stock, no price change as of yet.

Redsnack GTS - From what I understand the kit that Exotic wood dash carries is simply a 6 piece kit that covers certain pieces via a 3m type glue.. Last I checked they had no solid carbon fiber dashes.

Smokin - The sills aren't easy to remove. This would need to be done at a body shop. The product we will have that will install in 15 minutes is a solid carbon fiber cover that will cover the entire factory metal piece. It would be adhered with a spray glue and we are looking for machined titanium caps that would replace your stock plastic caps which cover the bolt openings for the side sill. This will be 1 single piece. We are also planning to have the viper logo or your own wording placed in reverse carbon fiber as an option as it is easy for us to do and does not require another mold be made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts