Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, drove the nearly three hours up to Atchers today to pick up a lift and grab some of the spare parts from my cars...

Each of those cars have been detailed and buffed - man - they both looked 100% brand spanking new... And they were in good company - a bunch of comp coupes around them.

Anyways, decided to bite the bullet and ordered a Paxton supercharger for the RT - and then Archer will put it in - they have done a couple so far... And with my travels after this vacation week - doubt I'd get time to spend on it... Let the pros do it... I also ordered very small chrome badging for the side of the hood - right below Viper RT/10 - that says "supercharged"...

I also had them order up two sets of Mopar exhausts - I was tired of the ACR sounding like a Neon and never got around to doing anything about it last year - and was tired of the RT piping that we did to get it loud enough... So, each will have the Mopar exhaust - as well as Archer Headers... So, that should be fun and loud...

They're estimating about two weeks - and then he is loading them up in his semi and trucking them both down at the same time to my house... Oh, hope all the neighbors are looking out the windows that day - to see a massive archer racing semi pull up to my driveway - and have two brand new cars come out the back... Ya gotta love that - especially since one of my neighbors said - "nice car - how much are they around $35k?".

Anyways, I got to see my kids today and they are doing great!!!!!!!! But, will obviously be doing much better with an additional 170hp!!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been lurking over the past year in regards to Roe's - and was going to get that system last year... But, decided to wait, didn't like what I was hearing about some of the issues.

I also know that Paxton was testing theirs on several cars for a long time before releasing to the public - and the company is a couple of decades old - 4 I think.

And last but not least - I talked to two people that have them in - and said not one issue... And the fact that my local viper race shop stands behinds them and has installed them...

Roe's product is great - I am sure... But I decided to not use their system...

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
Congrats again. It sounds like you are really having a blast with your Vipers. :thumb: The Paxton sounds awesome. I can't wait to see pictures of all the updates.

What happened? No digital camera with your visit? Not even a teaser to hold us over. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about the camera on my way home... Damn it...

You could have eatin' dinner of them they were so clean - and zero clear coat scratches - just sparkled... And just to make sure - yup - looked under the front fascia on each - BRAND SPANKIN NEW...

Was like a little kid up there today - turning the wheel until I saw the 'heavy duty half shaft' stickers... Or, peeling the stickers off the new wheels...

Was fun - but I have a new radiator going into the ACR...

My next fun trip will be when I know the ACR is 100% done - and the RT as well - only now the RT will have the charged system in it... Oh man, why I am I doing this to myself - you NEVER EVER get a car supercharged at the beginning of winter - can only handle so much pain until summer! Maybe I can go forward and reverse in the garage a few times /images/graemlins/bigsmile

Don't worry - pics will coming...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts