Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is running \"rich.\" Would colder or hotter plugs make a difference?

Have heads and cam on the car and the car continues to set "rich" codes. I know this will not solve my problem, since it seems to be vacuum related and plan on utilizing a device to alter fuel and timing, however generally speaking does one run a colder or hotter plug when experiencing a "rich" condition?
How about gapping the plug and how does that affect combustion?

Plan on using Bosch 2 prong plugs and before buying wanted to hear what you guys thought about the heat range of the plug.

John

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Re: Car is running \"rich.\" Would colder or hotter plugs make a difference?

Plugs have more to do with compression and/or intake temps - so I don't think you want to bother.

If you have heads/cam I'll assume you have headers too. The VEC2 would probably fix you the best.

·
Registered
45 Posts

It won't help with your problem.

How rich are you running?? And do you have have a baseline or A/F prior to the mods??

Regards,

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Martin D said:
It won't help with your problem.

How rich are you running?? And do you have have a baseline or A/F prior to the mods??

Regards,

Do not have a baseline A/F. Will be adding a wideband soon. Just continue to set rich codes. I DO realize plugs are not a solution. Just curious "generally" speaking, not even Viper related, do people change plugs to a different setting in conjunction to adjusting timing and fuel. If not, what is the purpose of having hotter and colder plugs?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.