Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Not sure why you would want to do cams alone...and first? That would likely be further towards the end of the mod list.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, why not? It's not hard to slide a cam in. Cam upgrades on most motors can be 60-80hp. Is a V-10 that different? If so then this is why I ran this post so I could be educated. I've already had my exhaust redone so I have started as far as performance mods go.

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
That is what he was really alluding to, Usually starts with tubes and filters, headers, ,maybe gears. What kind of cam did you get? May not see that much of an increase. Other smarter people may know better, but I am guessing you may pick up 20-30 HP with the right cam. Most tend to go with the 96-99 cam (708) and seems to be the best grind for drivability and performance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks viperboy, I obviously didn't understand city's point so glad you cleared that up for me. Yes I've done tubes, corsa exhaust, K&N filters, RT Highflow cats, No headers yet but close. I was on Hennessey's website and they claim 25-40hp gain depending on application. I was unaware that you would upgrade with the 96-99 cam though. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
When I searched this topic, it seems it is one of the least talked about amongst Viper owners. Either they don't know, or are'nt talking.
Call your favorite tuner and discuss it with him, they have the actual knowledge of what combos produce more power and where they produce it in the RPM range.
Let the rest of us know what you find out. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.