Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff, you and me... head to head on a roll on. We've had our cars way too long here. Let's go cruising around east of me until we find a good spot. Bring your camera -- I'll have two in my car. I want to test out the Heffner Twin Turbo against a blower car. Hennessey and Roof/Moundir will do the East Coast, and we can do the West Coast.

Put that sucker on HIGH BOOST!

I just took for a spin my European branch manager (he drives a fast Mercedes) and I told him my car was fast. I wish I could have had a video camera in the car at the time, because when I punched it, he started flailing around trying to grab onto something and started to yell at me in half broken English, "OK! OK! ENOUGH! OK, SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! GHA! (swallow) STOP!" Haaaaaaaaaa! Priceless.

Manny

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Please, make it happen already.

And funny you should say that about test rides. I took my brother-in-law for a ride Sunday and he flailed so badly (multiple automatic Vette owner) that I had to run it through fourth. Unfortunately a marine patrol was going the other way in his SUV and when I pulled into a parking lot, guess who showed up. At least he gave me a break on the speed (by about 45 mph :clap: ).

I can't wait to hear about this race. This one seems more likely to happen soon than the east coast race.

Chad

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Sounds like a Plan ! I'm leaving for Carmel this evening..I'll be back Sunday night.
Monday is wide open ..I'll swing by your place around 9:00 AM and we can roll from there.
I think if we head towards the I-8 and head east we can get some nice runs in.

By the way I'll be running 91 Oct..Are you going to be using Race fuel ?

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
this better not happen without a video...

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
video video video video video video video video video video

you guys should fill up at the same gas station....

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Excellent. I wouldn't broadcast where the race is being held though. You don't want any unwelcome "fans" to show up.

And street racing is run-whatcha-brung, so bring all you got. These are two of the best street cars the tuners have, down to the stock bottom ends (correct?), so it should be a good comparo.

So everyone, who is gonna prevail?

Chad

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yellow Fever said:
Sounds like a Plan ! I'm leaving for Carmel this evening..I'll be back Sunday night.
Monday is wide open ..I'll swing by your place around 9:00 AM and we can roll from there.
I think if we head towards the I-8 and head east we can get some nice runs in.

By the way I'll be running 91 Oct..Are you going to be using Race fuel ?

I'm going to run 93 octane for an added safety margin. It won't give me any more power -- I just don't like going all out on multiple runs with our crappy 91 octane, since I have heard that sometimes the 91 is more like 89 octane if you get unlucky at a gas station.

Monday sounds good.

Manny

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm bringing a front camera mount and a 2nd camera mount pointed to the side and slightly to the rear /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Manny ,Do you have an extra Camera that I can rig up in my car ?? The only camera I have is a digital Camera that allows you to take up to 60 Sec of video.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an old Sony VX1000 digital camera that you can hook in so long as you have a camera mount. If you don't have a camera mount, let me know and we'll rig one up at my place (I have about 5 camera mounts.) Now that you have a beast of a car, you should invest in a $400 didgital camera from FRY's or Best Buy and keep that bitch in your car at all times. You never know when you might need to click it on. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Extra octane won't help unless your car is pulling timing. If you guys are going to do repeated HIGH MPH runs on the highway, i'd definately throw in some high octane gas for good measure (and turn the boost up to!, you don't want to lose!) /images/graemlins/smiles
Peter

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
houstonT said:
Extra octane won't help unless your car is pulling timing. If you guys are going to do repeated HIGH MPH runs on the highway, i'd definately throw in some high octane gas for good measure (and turn the boost up to!, you don't want to lose!) /images/graemlins/smiles
Peter

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif good point!

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Manny.. side note here, where did you hook up with your suction cup window mounts for the camera? I want to get something like that for my RT
Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
That is going to be a great race!!!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
whoohoooooooooo

be safe guys and good luck to you both!

It's always wise to have good octane if you wind up the boost just in case you got a bad tank - maybe go halves in a drum?

have fun!! /images/graemlins/smiles

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.