Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Calling out Roy at TNT

2K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Raser 
#1 ·
OK I'm pissed. Over 12 months ago I sent my leaking TNT stepped headers back to TNT for repair. Tracking #'s good and signed for at TNT. I spoke to Roy several times about the headers. about 6 months ago he said they were fixed, boxed and ready to ship. Still nothing. I have been polite during each conversation and have even sent a certified letter asking for the return of my headers. Now for several months Roy won't return my calls and I can't even talk to a live person at TNT. I'll wait for Roy to respond before I give my final conclusion about Roy and the reputation of TNT Motorsports.

#2 ·
No one answers the phones?, nothing has changed. The TNT trademark "we answer no phones" Sorry to hear that you are having this problem especially having paid for a product and getting zero service.
I have a set of TNT headers and exhaust, mine were not a good fit. They didn't leak around the manifold but you could see where a large hammer was used to get them around the frame, they have always hit or sat on the frame, never fit right. I had them taken off reworked and coated, still have one small flange leak toward the rear.
I hope that Roy gets you taken care of and soon.

#3 ·
six months?! if you think youre too good to answer your own phones, youre a dickhead. wow, yet another class act fuckup in the tuner business

#7 ·
I think we should make a countdown section for all the Tuners and when a ALley Member sends the car off we can count the days together, I am sure with that being posted the Horror stories of 8 months to 2 years will be shortened! we will all cheer the Tuner of choice on to a speedy Masterpiece!

Helps the Member and helps keep the Tuner on Track!

#9 ·
Roof,

That is actually an excellent idea. MP has been adding games to his site, I am certain he could easily add some type of ratings page for tuners. I don't know how he could prove the validity of the claim, but if you smart guys put your heads together I am certain you could think of something.

It just irritates me beyond belief that some of these guys continuously rip people off, offer no help, have the worst customer service, yet they are still sought out from the truly unknowing and the somewhat knowing. I know I don't buy from ebay people with bad ratings.

Mike

#10 ·
Mike_W said:
West Coast Viper. They had everything ready on time, they were extremely polite, and I am HAPPY. I hope they are loaded because the quality and type of service deserves it.

Mike
I second this. And they put out Supercharged cars and now Turbo cars. Plus they are right around the corner. They have been helping me with a nagging issue I have had with my DLM car, then lent me wheels when I need them for a track event, and they are just stand up guys.... and they are FAST!

-Manny

#11 ·
Mike_W said:
Roof,

That is actually an excellent idea. MP has been adding games to his site, I am certain he could easily add some type of ratings page for tuners. I don't know how he could prove the validity of the claim, but if you smart guys put your heads together I am certain you could think of something.

It just irritates me beyond belief that some of these guys continuously rip people off, offer no help, have the worst customer service, yet they are still sought out from the truly unknowing and the somewhat knowing. I know I don't buy from ebay people with bad ratings.

Mike
There is already a section where you can comment about a tuner, good, bad or neutral. Where was this guy 6 months ago, post number what? so maybe he wasnt around to read any claims good or bad any way. A small percentage will ever read the alley or .morg. The tuners that are not taking care of business know this and could care less. What percentage of Alley members have mods vrs how many Vipers there are.

#14 ·
What West Coast Viper needs is some serious kick ass cars to come out of their shop and get driven (instead of the garage queens we seem to have out here in this area) so that they start getting some recognition for putting out fast cars too.

-M

#15 ·
Manny_C said:
Mike_W said:
West Coast Viper. They had everything ready on time, they were extremely polite, and I am HAPPY. I hope they are loaded because the quality and type of service deserves it.

Mike
I second this. And they put out Supercharged cars and now Turbo cars. Plus they are right around the corner. They have been helping me with a nagging issue I have had with my DLM car, then lent me wheels when I need them for a track event, and they are just stand up guys.... and they are FAST!

-Manny
I was dropping off my car when they were finishing up yours this time. Jason was having a guy wax your car prior to giving it back to you. They were taking care of it.

Oh, btw... is your wing actually fabricated into your rear fenders? It looked like your side posts to your wing were one piece on the fenders. I didn't really inspect it until I went to the autoform website to look, and I couldn't find any that looked like yours.

Mike

#16 ·
I have never called and not had anyone answer. If you call once and they don't answer, you don't call it never answering. When people are pissed they tend to exaggerate, I'm not saying that you are, just letting you know that I have called many times and someone always answers. Yes, I did have a problem.

#17 ·
OK Custom Builder I think I'm pretty laid back about things and I've not posted anything on this subject until now but give me a break this justifies getting pissed about. It is no exaggeration of mine that over the past several months I have called more than a dozen times and no one has answered the phone and certainly no one has called me back. If you don't believe me ask Doug Levin who sent the headers for me from his shop. I have asked him what to do about this several times. It was Doug who has helped me keep my cool about all this and it was his recommendation that I send a certified letter. Since no one has bothered to call me or for that matter return my f/n headers I am here telling all to watch out for TNT. Now to their credit on Saturday (8/28/04) someone at TNT did answer the phone and I gave Roy the message to call me ASAP. I left my work, home and cell #s and was assured that Roy would get the message. I also asked that Roy respond to this thread. Roy, It's Monday now (8/30/04) and we are all waiting for your response.

#18 ·
GTS-ACR -

I spoke with the gentlemen at TNT this morning (8/30/04 at 11:45 AM) and they assured me the headers would be shipped out either today or the latest tomorrow. They were sorry about the lost communication but are working on getting things moving in the right direction. I do hope things work out well for both parties and the end result will be amicably resolved.

Regards,
Doug

#19 ·
Manny_C said:
What West Coast Viper needs is some serious kick ass cars to come out of their shop and get driven (instead of the garage queens we seem to have out here in this area) so that they start getting some recognition for putting out fast cars too.

-M
Sounds like you might be just the man to break the mold for them!

Haven't you got a red SRT10 lying around feeling all inadequate parked next to those other 2 monsters? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

:thumb: :nod:

#20 ·
Torquemonster said:
Manny_C said:

-M
Sounds like you might be just the man to break the mold for them!

Haven't you got a red SRT10 lying around feeling all inadequate parked next to those other 2 monsters? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

:thumb: :nod:
TQ
I was looking forward to one of your famous page and a half post about tuners and customer service, your slowing down.

Rohn

#21 ·
i have the same problems with TNT. wanted my money back and they can't even do that. (always have some guy telling me he's sorry and Roy is not available; for 8 months) doing this from Europe is a pain.......
West Coast Viper is absolutely great !! Jason and John have always been very helpful and reliable. getting a big n/a package and racing gearbox from WCV right now.

#23 ·
jkracer said:
TQ
I was looking forward to one of your famous page and a half post about tuners and customer service, your slowing down.

Rohn
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

nah - I hate to repeat myself. Besides I'm too busy trying to organize myself to worry about what everyone else is doing now days

:rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.