Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to offer Dr. Roof the following challenge:

I will rent a track here in Texas that has a 10,000 ft. runway. We match up Dr. Roof's quickest/fastest SC Viper vs. one of my TT Vipers - boost vs. boost, no nos, water injection OK.

We run street tires, 70 mph to 170 mph, and whoever wins 3 out of 5 runs wins. We allow a 30 minute cool down between runs.

The cost to rent the track will run me about $2k. Roof will have some expense in making a trip to Texas. We can make a nice video out of this and add it to a V10 Nationals DVD, etc.

This offer is to Dr. Roof only. I am not interested in running any other Vipers, Supras, etc. This offer is to simply settle the question of which car is faster - SC or TT?

Roof - if you accept, we can work out a schedule that works best for both of us. By the way, we would run you in a 1999 GTS with a Venom 800 TT upgrade. The car makes 890 rw hp with a stock motor.

Let me know if you are up for the challenge.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'd like to offer the same deal to Manny..Only difference is he has to pick up the track fee's and cover my Titty Bar expenses /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

:cheers:

Jeff

P.S Actually the road in Palmdale that you ran those Busa's will do just fine..Looser picks up dinner at Japengoe's or Ruth Chris.
I'm open the last week of May ..We can do this during the week so we'll at least be getting paid for our Time /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
here we go again :eatpop: To offset costs I will fly out there and make a sick video we can sell to cover the runway rental, hell we can let others in on this and the video would sell for sure :idea: Let me know, I'd love to be part of this, even though you feel my car was not worthy enough to challenge /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
HEY I WOULD LIKE TO CHALLENGE THE WINNER TO RUN A TWIN TURBO CORVETTE TO SETTLE THE QUESTION WHICH IS QUICKER A SC/TT VIPER OR A TT CORVETTE.THIS OFFER IS GOOD ONLY TO THE WINNER.IM NOT INTERESTED IN RUNNING OTHER VETTES,VIPERS,SUPRAS.BOOST VS BOOST,NO NOS,WATER/ALCOHOL INJECTION OK.WE CAN MAKE A REALLY COOL VIDEO AND PUT IT ON THE VIPER AND CORVETTE FORUMS. PLZ LET ME KNOW WHEN U WOULD LIKE TO GET TAKEN OUT. :fight:

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
TX WHOS YOUR DADDY said:
HEY I WOULD LIKE TO CHALLENGE THE WINNER TO RUN A TWIN TURBO CORVETTE TO SETTLE THE QUESTION WHICH IS QUICKER A SC/TT VIPER OR A TT CORVETTE.THIS OFFER IS GOOD ONLY TO THE WINNER.IM NOT INTERESTED IN RUNNING OTHER VETTES,VIPERS,SUPRAS.BOOST VS BOOST,NO NOS,WATER/ALCOHOL INJECTION OK.WE CAN MAKE A REALLY COOL VIDEO AND PUT IT ON THE VIPER AND CORVETTE FORUMS. PLZ LET ME KNOW WHEN U WOULD LIKE TO GET TAKEN OUT. :fight:
Norm, welcome to ViperAlley /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif.

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
THANX!ITS GREAT TO BE HERE!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
TX WHOS YOUR DADDY said:

Norm, the winner can come to Chicago and we can do 100-200+ MPH what do you say? How about a 3-wide on the runway? Hell we can run a whole standing mile competition! That way Mike and others can get cracked as well! You just have to wait a little while longer to get my car done! /images/graemlins/smiles

John, I am sure you don't mind me doing a little highjacking action on your thread.......

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey John H.....WHY don't you race Mike (moundir) AGAIN???????

AND clear up all this bs :nod:

Mike, sorry I missed you at Tators....we gotta hook up!

Dave

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
TX WHOS YOUR DADDY said:
Uh oh the shit has hit the fan, is this that 8 sec Vette I take it :leaving: Norm we are comparing street cars running Pump gas not C16 /images/graemlins/carrot BTW Norm you are my Daddy, so anti up on 18 years of child support plus intrest:lolcry: I do wish someone would build a race car to challenge that car, Hey Paolo maybe you should step up since you are seeking to be king of the world :idea: Pull those 02 sensors, and turn that bitch up with some c16, I'm sure the heads wont come flying off at 20lbs of boost /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Should make for good video :eatpop:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Here is the bet
I bet it will never happen, just talk.

It would be a race to watch with 3 or 4 Vipers going for top speed. Moundir owns his car, Manny owns his car, Roof owns his Viper, Norm owns his car so this needs to be a owner driver event. Open this up to SVS and other S/C and TT Vipers along with ONE VETTE, Norm

And yes I know, I don't drive my own at the events.
This can be called "The big Balls race"

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I am coming to Texas next week we can do it on thursday!

I own you on the strip so I better go ahead and own you on the track!

see you thursday!!! let me know what time to be there! I assume it is in houston or SA? right

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Moundir said:
TX WHOS YOUR DADDY said:
Uh oh the shit has hit the fan, is this that 8 sec Vette I take it :leaving: Norm we are comparing street cars running Pump gas not C16 /images/graemlins/carrot BTW Norm you are my Daddy, so anti up on 18 years of child support plus intrest:lolcry: I do wish someone would build a race car to challenge that car, Hey Paolo maybe you should step up since you are seeking to be king of the world :idea: Pull those 02 sensors, and turn that bitch up with some c16, I'm sure the heads wont come flying off at 20lbs of boost /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Should make for good video :eatpop:
Mike, Just because you need 18-20 PSI WITH water and methanol injection to go 145 MPH, do not assume I will need to run that kind of boost with my new setup to put a ghetto asswhipping on your slow ass! Hey did you know methanol is not the best thing for your fuel pump?

You are just a little fish in the pond of life I will be flushing down the toilet the first chance I get. WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

I hope you dont take offense to the smack, because that's all it is! If you realy want to learn something about how turbos work, email me and I will take the time and explain a few things.

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
MOUNDIR, AHHHH U FINALLY FOUND ME AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.CHECKS IN THE MAIL TO YOUR MOTHER.PLZ TELL HER SHE IS STILL A LAZY LAY. /images/graemlins/carrotITS ONLY A 9 SEC TT VETTE.THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THEN THE SMELL OF C-16 IN THE MORNING WHEN U FIRST WAKE UP.JKRACER- IF MY FAT ASS HAS TO DRIVE THATS OKAY.YOU CAN GET IN YOUR LOAD AND TURN UP THE SPRAY AND JOIN THE PARTY.PAOLO -I DONT WANT TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO CHI TOWN SO COME ON DOWN. /images/graemlins/moon3 /images/graemlins/jerry /images/graemlins/jerry

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Paolo

you need to get off the internet and get your car done! your smack will be wasted because it will be winter soon and you will still be smacking with no VIper running.

you need to get it running and then call us out!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
He'll throw gobs of race in the tank Roof and turn the boost way up for a one time run, David... /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Paolo

you need to get off the internet and get your car done! your smack will be wasted because it will be winter soon and you will still be smacking with no VIper running.

you need to get it running and then call us out!
David, I appreciate your concern for my well-being but am getting fairly close to being done.

All I was asking was for a little more time to see to the fact that I can participate.

I do not have the burden some other tuners have with having too many cars in my garage, all I have and need is one Viper in my garage.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I am talking Thursday off from work and cutting my business trip short if this happens!!!

I have it down on my calander, so does that make it official?

1 - 20 of 287 Posts