Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am switching from my C6 Vette to a new 05 SRT 10 Viper (Viper Red) in March. I took the test drive, completed a hell of alot of review, and think the car will finally satisfy me (I have owned 5 Vettes, modified them, washed them, waxed them and still I am not content with the Vette - the new 2006 z06 was a final attempt to retain me as a customer but the appearence is a BIG YAWN for me).

In your opinion what is level of difficultly in terms of making the switch from the 400/400 C6 to the 500/525 SRT 10 in terms of getting used to the car? Assume 1 is very easy and 5 is extremely difficult. I drive my C6 in competitive driving mode most of the time which disengages traction control and makes the car more dynamic. Biggest issue for me is pedal proximity (clutch, brake and gas) but I know its just something to get used to. Sure appreciate your insight Viper Alley Members! :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Should be an easy transition for you. 1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony! Hey, any other Vette to Viper guys have an opinion in terms of the driving difference or how long it took you to get used to the pedal placement! Thanks Forum!

TOny

·
Registered
694 Posts
The only problems you will have is getting use to the power down low. I have an 04 z06 as well as my viper. The Z from idle to 4000 rpm feels like an import compared to the viper. The torque is un matched in these cars, which is a good thing :).

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Turbo63 said:
Thanks Tony! Hey, any other Vette to Viper guys have an opinion in terms of the driving difference or how long it took you to get used to the pedal placement! Thanks Forum!

TOny
Pedal placement for me is pretty straightforward, even with my huge feet. (Size 17) The Viper is going to be a lot more grippy up until the ragged edge - that's when you have to be alert as hell and not spin it. I personally wouldn't drive the car at 10/10ths on the street anyway; there's too much room for error. The car is going to be more challenging to drive but also more rewarding and that swat of torque from idle on up is definitely a big bonus.

Have fun, post pics when you get it! :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.