Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dodge vipers are one of my dream cars that I would want to one day own but I don't know how to exactly get my hands on one. I know that in the future even the gen 1 dodge vipers are gonna cost probably 80k at the lowest. What are some tips to go about purchasing a viper?

· Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Have someone familiar with them in your area or where the car is to go over the car with you. DO NOT BUY SIGHT UNSEEN!!! Go over with any car you look at with a fine tooth comb and put it on a lift to look closely at the frame.

• Helpful
Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

· Registered
2,492 Posts
I sense in the snowbelt somewhere...since dreams of summer days and fast cars always seem to capture a man's heart during those long, cold, dark winter days. I should have been a novelist.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
I sense in the snowbelt somewhere...since dreams of summer days and fast cars always seem to capture a man's heart during those long, cold, dark winter days. I should have been a novelist.
Dear Penthouse Forum, I never believed this could happen to me...

· Registered
147 Posts
Dodge vipers are one of my dream cars that I would want to one day own but I don't know how to exactly get my hands on one. I know that in the future even the gen 1 dodge vipers are gonna cost probably 80k at the lowest. What are some tips to go about purchasing a viper?
My personal guide for buying my viper. This was something I put together back in 2018 when prices were lower. I pulled the trigger on a completely stock one owner1994 red RT10, with 25k miles for $29k. It was just an hour south of me and was listed on craigslist. I got real lucky. It takes time to find the perfect one for you.

preferred Dodge Viper:
RED (original, no repaint)
Last 300
Maintenance records
Working A/C
Hard and soft tops
No wrecks or salvaged title
No (or little) hood gap
Matte finish tri-spoke wheels
New (or newish) correct size Michelins
Stock radio
Original dash with only slight scratches
Original grey leather seats with minimal wear
Mileage between 10K-40K
Price range between $25K-$30K
Recent preventive maintenance services (fluids, belts..)
Southern car / short travel
Under 3 previous owner

Acceptable flaws/alterations:
1993, 1994 or 1996 RT/10
Yellow (94-95) or white (96)
Red/Yellow Gen 2 RT/10 1997-2002 (priced right)
New dash/black in color
Exhaust upgrade, hi-flow cats
Chrome tri-spoke or updated wheels from Gen 2 or newer.
Soft top only
Newer radio, original kept w/car
White stripes (wide version)
Smooth tubes
Gen 2 hood
Minor wreck w/paperwork
Higher mileage 40K-70K
Non-working A/C
Brown interior
4 plus previous owners but less than 7

Deal breakers:
Black/Green - unless has perfect paint w/stripes
Roe/Whipple super chargers
Turbos
Tracked cars
Paint other than original
Excessive body/hood gap
Body damage needing fix
Non-running cars
High mileage
$30K+
7 or more previous owners

· Registered
1993 Viper
18 Posts
I'm selling my lower mileage 93 soon if you're interested?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sorry but do you have 50 to 60 grand lying around to help me? Because last time I checked, I didn't ask. Do you expect a magical beanstalk containg 60 grand to grow out my ass? It dosent work like that for people who just turned 18. So the answers are no and no.

· Registered
45 Posts
I'm sorry but do you have 50 to 60 grand lying around to help me? Because last time I checked, I didn't ask. Do you expect a magical beanstalk containg 60 grand to grow out my ass? It dosent work like that for people who just turned 18. So the answers are no and no.
Come back when you do. I didn't start getting into more expensive second cars till I was in my 30s. Always good to have dreams and goals. Owning this car was one for me since I was 17.

Work your way up. Maybe buy something you can afford right now instead.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right now I have a 3 valve mustang. I plan on buying 7 cars. Most of them being less than 5,000 dollars maybe. So nothing too crazy like corvettes, hellcats, trackhawks and Lamborghinis. Most of them are projects though. Plan on building my own mercury marauder and a coyote swap 69 mustang for examples.

At the moment, I plan on camming the 3 valve and instead of throwing boost at it with the 4,000 bucks, I'll just buy a Honda Shadow with that or something cheap and reliable that I can depend on incase of an emergency situation. Then after that I'll start focusing on getting the Viper quickly before the prices start marking up. After all that, most of the other cars are gonna stay the same price.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
I like your ambitious plans for vehicles & wishing you the very best. Maybe there is hope for the future.

Many on this site post pics of their female conquests as a way of introducing themselves & breaking down barriers with the tribe.

Good luck, keep asking questions, & post pics👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T
1 - 19 of 19 Posts