Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
bought my srt10 a while back brand new, but i am looking to also purchase a Gen II GTS 2001 or 2002. I'm going to look at a few this week and wanted to ask everyone where what i should be looking for when i look at the cars, or drive them. What are some of the things i should be looking for, exterior wise, or even mechanically? I will be taking it to a viper tech if and when the deal gets that far, but i just want to know what to look for on my own.
thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
An 02 GTS should still be under warranty. Be careful of the factory extended warranties. Mine had a 7yr/70k. After I bought the car I found out it wasn't transferable. Check with a dealer first, they can look it up by the vin #.

If your going to be driving the car alot buy one with some miles on it. I bought my 032 with 19k on it and save about $10k over the low mile cars. I drive my car daily.

Also keep in mind that if the car has over 15k miles, it might need a clutch soon.

Bill

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replys fellas. Is there anything on the cars that i should be looking for? i know to look for dark brake fluid etc...what else should i be looking for? I heard on the Gen 1 and 2 cars, it's nearly impossible to tell if it was painted or not. What should i look for body and mechanical wise?
thanks

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Shit, just fly up to Dallas and buy mine! You won't need to look for any problems, and you'll have 700rwhp! I'm thinking about an SRT10 to tide me over until the coupes come out. I love this car, I'm just ready for a change.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the offer big carrot. I appreciate it. Red was the color i was trying to avoid however, not because i think it looks bad, red looks crazy on vipers. I was looking for the graphite colored vipers...since it is my favorite color of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.