Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need a newer ACR - red with silver stripes and I can't find one anywhere. So I went to ebay to see what they have on there and low and behold there is a 2002 ACR red with silver stripes!! :smiles: I tell my old man about the car and get the guy's # that is running the ad on ebay - Ebay auction . I try to stay away from Ebay for the most part, but we need this Viper bad! My dad calls the seller and asks him about the car. The seller assures him that the Viper is perfect, owned by a perfectionist before him. He even goes as far as giving my dad his paint shop guy's # cause he did some work under the front spoiler (cause he couldn't stand there being any scratches anywhere). My dad called the paint dude and he says the car didn't even need the work, but due to some minor chips, he had it done anyway.

So everything is looking good and I get a carfax that comes back clean. My dad then tells the seller that he will buy the Viper for $55k and has the seller sign a contract stating that the car has never been involved in any accidents, free of dents, damage, etc.

In our process of getting as much info as we can on the Viper, my dad tries to contact the first owner. Well he gives the first owner a call and to his surprise - the car has had $48k worth of work done on it!!!!!!!! :shocked:

Needless to say, this Viper will be back on Ebay as we aren't touching it. But it sucks when the seller, a body shop owner, and Carfax all say the car is straight.

Be careful out there when looking for a Viper!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Damn that sucks.....Sounds like my first Viper. It was wrecked by a shop..Close t0 20k in damage I sold it to a guy knowing it was wrecked. He put it back on e bay 6 months later claiming it was perfect never been wrecked..Yada yada yada. He even put down that he bought it from me an Executive for IBM and the only reason I sold it was because I was buying a Lambo!!!! Jesus, I wish!

·
Registered
384 Posts
99 Solid Red, even rarer, only 22 made!!! :smooch:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
STEAL, NATE, STEAL!!!! You hear that??!! lol I've got a pretty serious buyer right now, and I have a copy of his very strong credit report in front of me now. He's obviously offering more than you guys, so I'm gonna give him a day. I promised your old man that I'd call him tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BigCarrot said:
STEAL, NATE, STEAL!!!! You hear that??!! lol I've got a pretty serious buyer right now, and I have a copy of his very strong credit report in front of me now. He's obviously offering more than you guys, so I'm gonna give him a day. I promised your old man that I'd call him tomorrow. ;)

Go for the cayash!!!! I've been telling you this whole time your car will sell. Hopefully this guys will buy from you so you have some mod money for the replacement Viper! :cool: If not, let me know what's up or the old man!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Schill said:
Nathan: I still need those documents. Any luck?
I've told my dad probably 5 times and still nothing. He says he gave them to you and the last time I talked to him, he was looking for them and either never found them or got sidetracked (easy to do at his age). Best bet would be to call him Monday - he will be at the Barret Jackson auction all weekend, and see if he can find them. At the very least, he may be able to make a new sales reciept or something of the like for ya.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.