Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Butttonwillow on Friday

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Smackie 
#1 ·
Eleven of the Central California region went to Buttonwillow Race Track for a test and tune day. What a day, for any of you who have had your car on a track you can't imagine what your missing. I probably wouldnt have owned my car as long as i have if it wasnt so damn fun to drive. We had our share of off road excursions thats for sure, but everyones cars made it ok.

Thanks to Jonathan, Joeb, and Ron for coming and helping our club out, your expertise was invaluable.

All this talk lately of selling your viper has to be from people who dont really drive their cars, this is just way to much fun. My goal for 04 is to do all three viper days events on the west coast and quality for the finals in Texas.

Here are a couple of photos, sorry none of us on the track because I was out there every chance I had.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/33Buttonwillow_Test_n_Tune_03_002_sm-med.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/33Buttonwillow_Test_n_Tune_03_sm-med.jpg[/image]

#2 ·
It was a pretty good turnout for a test and tune day..

I think vipernate had the most exciting entrance into the honorary sand and gravel club after his little off road excursion.. how many times did you spin again?? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, and the Kern County Secretary of Agriculture called.. He said that hes going to send you guys a bill for all of the dirt you took back to Fresno County from Kern...:D

You guys are nuts dive bombing each other in the corners like you were.. i think half you guys would get booted from viper days just for this alone, and the other half of you would get booted after collecting too many woodchucks.. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Eddie

#4 ·
Brad00GTS said:
Every time I close my door i hear sand dropping to the ground. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

My off road was minor (yes only once) compared to some of the others. Your right about the woodchucks though. :thumb:

Eddie were you there, did I meet you?
i dont think we formally met.. I had some good convo with nate for a bit.. i was the only guy that was overdressed, and i had my babysitter (wife) and my baby son with me...

Eddie

#7 ·
Eddie N said:
It was a pretty good turnout for a test and tune day..

I think vipernate had the most exciting entrance into the honorary sand and gravel club after his little off road excursion.. how many times did you spin again?? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, and the Kern County Secretary of Agriculture called.. He said that hes going to send you guys a bill for all of the dirt you took back to Fresno County from Kern...:D

You guys are nuts dive bombing each other in the corners like you were.. i think half you guys would get booted from viper days just for this alone, and the other half of you would get booted after collecting too many woodchucks.. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Eddie
The bolded comment could only be summed up as Nirvana!! The visions in my head of all of them going deep into the corners is what real racing is about. 'Following the OUTSIDE line'

Awesome, wish I couldv'e been there!

Jay K.

#8 ·
Brad, what is his email address so I can get on the list?

#9 ·
Last Friday was a blast. I experienced seat time on a real roadcourse for the first time driving and I want more!! Many thanks go to Brad for showing my dad and I the course before we went out and looked like the rookies we are. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I have a new respect for Vipers and for anybody that is able to handle the tremendous torque that they have. Not the easiest car to learn and I think I may be on the market for a Miata to master before I try a Viper again.

Brad - I made 2 horrible clips of your car on the track.
20 sec. clip
5 sec. clip
In the second clip, you can here the whine of a Roe supercharged GTS.

Eddie - Very nice meeting you and BS'ing about Vipers/racing, etc.

Manny - Jerry's email address is - jerry@deyoung.org

#11 ·
Hey Nathan, good to see you take that ACR "on" and "off" the track. How's Bob's Viper doing? Him and his son has some good off road excursions that day. He will have a bit of Buttonwillow in his car forever. I guess I'm a better driver than instructor as they were both my students that day. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.