Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of us went to Buttonwillow today for a test and tune day. When we pulled up the lady told us that the SVT club had rented the track. After sitting there disappointed for a couple of minutes another lady came out and said that it was still an open track day. As we were signing in, the head of the track said that since we were there he would divide the run groups into the SVT Group and the Non SVT Group. What a day, the first two run sessions for the day our two vipers had the entire track to ourselves. The track announcer started calling our session the Dodge Group. Every 25 minutes we were on the track, more track time than anyone could want. As the day progressed our group had about 6 cars at the most on the track. Jonathan M finally showed up with his VRL car.

Great day, temp in the 70's, sunny and no breeze. The area had received quite a bit on rain recently so you didn't want to go off into the mud. My first run I did a 360 going into the esses but kept it on the pavement, since there were only two of us on the track was able to straighten it out and get back going without seeing the other car. On our last run a mustang was unfortunate enough go into the mud and had to be pulled out.

Anyway, get your cars to the track, you can't beat it.

Brad

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nathan,

You guys should have made it. Dale and I got there first and had the entire track to ourselves. Bob showed up at about 10 or 11. The most cars in our run group at any one time was 7. Too much track time, and very safe, I think I only had to pass a car two or three times.

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.