Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Building Garage;

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ROLLMODEL 
Fast Freddy said:
i live in a residential fly in community otherwise known as a private airpark. i converted my 5000 square foot aircraft hangar into my 'garage mahal' in order to store most of my toyZ. i will be building another hangar (2000 square feet) for a airplane in the future. i also have a 1200 square foot garage attached to my house that i store my viper, vette, v-max and 1 of my gun safes, etc in. the garage mahal has a 1000 square foot guest house/office built into it complete with living room, kitchen, full bathroom and 1 bedroom and 1 office/gun room. i store 2 boats, 2 trailers, 2 trucks, 2 cars, 3 motorcycles, 2 quads and 1 sandrail in my 'garage mahal' as well as tools, spare parts, 2 gun safes, etc. i even have a safe built into the concrete floor. do yourself a favor and wire up the tool shop, work end of the building for 220 volt like i did to run major power tools like welder, etc. i also have a major air compressor that runs on the 220 volt that has air chucks located at either end of the building thanks to metal tubing in the walls. make sure you have plenty of 120 volt outlets spread around the building as well. make sure you have a good water supply to your building with lots of water outlets on the outside, and wash tub inside etc. like i do . i have some 100+ linear feet of storage shelves attached to my walls that span from the floor to 10 feet up. the roof has 8 big skylights built into it for light during the day when the doors are closed and i have major flourescent lighting installed on the inside of the building for night use. i also have lots of fans located throughout the building for good airflow. the main garage door is a split overhead 40 foot wide - 10 foot high alloy door and the side door is 12 feet wide and 10 feet tall. inside, the roof height is 12 feet high so i could install car lifts if i wanted and double stack cars, etc. the whole building is built from 2X6 wood frame stucco with fiberglass batt insulation yeilding R-19 in the walls and R-30 in the roof. the floor is anywhere from 1-3 feet thick of 3000 psi concrete depending on which end of the building you are on. i have giant concrete pads (2500 psi with fibermesh) 6 inches thick that extend off the building from the overhead garage doors that can be used as a heli pad for helicopter or additional airplane parking, etc. last but not least install a rather extensive alarm system in case of break-in. have fun and what ever you do make sure the place never burns down because alot of fine toyZ will go up in smoke :thumb:
I think the above post speaks for itself. /images/graemlins/toothy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.