Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to 1tony1 and he told me Tom ran a 10.43 on street tires during the street tire shootout. That is incredible! Tony ran a 10.66 @139MPH with his Roe SC, Blowngts ran 10.60, and Roof ran a 10.7x. Those are great times on street tires. I am sure someone will chime in with the exact MPH but nevertheless those are some sick numbers on street tires.

Can someone chime in and give us more details?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I saw someone there run a 10.2. I think it was Tom on the run before that. I recorded just about every run. I'll be there tomorrow too...

I ran for the VERY FIRST TIME ever at a track and I must say, it takes damn skill to turn a good number.... I had to ask how to even stage and what light to leave at... I shifted into neutral after first and floored it and thought I blew my tranny cuz I wasn't going forward. I was like "WTF".. haha, put the clutch back in nailed 2nd and ended up with a 13.0 @ 125

2nd run I bust my fucking 1/2 shaft in 2nd gear. Damn those Kumho's bite hard, even in 2nd... Wheel hop and BAM! luckily I limped back and Heffner had some 1/2 shafts and his guys were on my car like glue. Finally got to meet Jason. One helluva guy /images/graemlins/smiles On that run I ended up with a 14.0 at around 110 or so.

I'll try my luck tomorrow again. My power steering was leaking all over my belts (fitting came just about off) and I think maybe I was having major belt slippage and also all over my tires causing wheel hop and a busted shaft. We'll see. Maybe I can break into the 11's in the 130's.

It's totally different at the track.. I get really nervous in the box and WAAAAAY over do the launch and throttle, etc.. :duh:

Gerald

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Gonna get up bright and early tomorrow and during the night post some runs and photos....

Gerald

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
please do Gerald!!! glad to hear heffner could help you out, and practice makes perfect at the track. you have a good time?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Gerald said:
It's totally different at the track.. I get really nervous in the box and WAAAAAY over do the launch and throttle, etc.. :duh:

Gerald

Total blast though eh??? And no cops!!!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Lots of ppl were pretty pissed off also because everyone ran THEIR OWN CAR. MANY ppl didn't drive that day or for that matter didn't show up. I can name many names that were pretty fucking pissed. SOMEONE there quickly signed a title and said they just "bought" someones car so they can run it in the street tire shoot out.

Does that person realize that rules are rules and the fucking rules were KNOWN before hand and set forth? Does that person(s) realize that they eliminated many amatuers who this is really about out? You know who you are and it's pretty fucking rotten and childish. YOu could have just run your car to run it and not pulled a fast one or cried like a little baby to prove something.

Gerald

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I had a great ass time. Wish I could have stayed for the go karts, but I had to fix my damn power steering. Damn oil and fluid ALL OVER MY belts (mainly supercharger belt) and engine, paint, etc. Damn messy.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I wonder what else I can break.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
13.0 @ 125mph.. THAT WAS AWESOME!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
UtahVIper is Correct.

Tom Welch Takes the prize with some Awesome Number 10.4? he was on fire today great Driving.

Blown Gts Car ran 10.6?

1tony1 ran great as well. 10.6?

Sal P Heffner supercharged ran 141 MPH

this was the fastest street tire shoot-out so far. I will post official results in the morning with all the times and full names.

this is a great event. already over 40 plus cars in attendance!!! this is shapping up to be a great series!

alot of Great people here

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
The Vegas crew backed out on the nightlife and noone else approached me about it so I didnt' pursue it. I think a few ppl already hit Mons last night and are doing the same again.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
That's what I like to hear /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Enlightened
28,758 Posts
Tom takes home the ViperAlley prize! Cool! Someone tell him to get with me about getting him his money! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gerald said:
13.0 @ 125mph.. THAT WAS AWESOME!!
Last time that I went to the track one of my runs was also a [email protected]
The track started getting greasy and I spun so badly in 2nd that the rear slid out sharply to one side, so I had to let off the throttle until it straightened out.
That was a scary moment. I've only run on street tires so far, but next time that I go I'm probably going to borrow some slicks/skinnies.

It sounds like you are having a fun time, and that's what it's all about anyway!

Enjoy.
-Dean.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
As most of you know, Jason Heffner usually drives my car when we go to the track to race, but the rules in this case stated that the owner had to drive his own car. I remember that the rules had been posted, but completely forgot about this, so at the last second I had to drive my car or be forced out of the race. I didn't bring a helmet so I had to borrow Jason's and I have to say it was a blast!

I've only made a few passes in my car down a dragstrip and I managed to get an 11.18 ET at 138 MPH on Pirelli Pzeros.

It has been a lot of fun down here and I have a major sunburn which is fine with me since it's raining and in the 20's back home. Today should be even better!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
I think the "Lowest ET on Streets" should always be run whatcha brung and you're driven your own bucket...

It's the closest simulation to what we all do on the street...and gives people a shot who aren't showing up to the track with a support rig... /images/graemlins/drive

You guys are having TOO MUCH FUN!!! /images/graemlins/biggrin

--------------------
Pro War!

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Gerald,

Great Posts, I feel like I'm there rather than with the frozen tundra here. Hell even the Polar Bears have gone inside!! Thanks for the posts, I just saved on Airfare

Jay K.

PS. The Only Staging I know doesn't involve warming up the tires, so I know I'm in good company if you haven't or just yesterday figured it out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts