Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'96 GTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my '96 GTS back on the road after an extended storage stay and when I was pulling into the emissions testing garage I felt a pop in the brakes they felt rock hard and hardly slowed the car. I limped it home and parked in the driveway. Looking around I noticed that the master cylinder had a broken bolt (other half was found at the emissions shop). When backing out of the driveway to take it back to storage they still felt solid but by the time I got to the first stop two blocks away it was back to normal. I assume I'll be replacing the master cylinder/booster anything else I should look out for? Kind of unnerving to drive something that could randomly loose brakes... I'll be looking for a booster tomorrow hoping to have it drivable before Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
'96 GTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the broken end can tell us more about why it broke.

Can you put in a new bolt if you pull the booster off?
I haven't taken it apart yet to see if I can put a new bolt in. Luckily there's a Dodge store near me and I'm going to see if they can shed some light on if I can replace the bolt or not before I start pulling things apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
'96 GTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The end of the bolt was dirty, not necessarily rusty. It looks like it just got stretched apart which would be pretty impressive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts