Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Break halfshaft with Kumho\'s?

Right now, I'm removing my 3.55's for some 3.07's in anticipation of PROBABLY getting a supercharger once my 'vette sells. Anyway, I'd like to know if it's possible to break a stock halfshaft with kumho's? Anybody ever done it, or would the Kumho's serve as a fuse and spin before the halfshafts would break?

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
Re: Break halfshaft with Kumho\'s?

You can break a stock halfshaft with the stock tires. It has been done before and will be done again by some.

Put in safety loops and some good shafts and look at it this way. If you should break one it is still cheaper than a rear diff, trans, etc that could also take a dump on you.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
307 Posts

Twisted half shafts with stock michelin`s 400hp 95 gen1. Most people break the U joints. Go to the drags and you will see many half shaft failures. Aint it great

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts

long time argument about this shit. some say dont upgrade halfshafts so if anything breaks, its the easy shit. i think that makes no sense. upgrade those things and make em bulletproof

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

LAMEGTS- If you decide on getting new halfshafts, let me know. I sell Unitrax, and I'll hook you up.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts

I am going to 3:55 and Unitrax with my Kumhos right now , too bad we can't just trade rear ends,(mine is 3:07) DW is building the rear end on Monday or Tues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts