Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have eradispeed rotors and SS brakelines. can i do large caliper upgrades (stoptech?) to add to this??

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Stoptech definitely designs their kits for rotor size. They make a front-only kit and a 4 wheel kit. The 4 wheel kit is impressive and is my next upgrade.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
Stock brakes with the right pads will pop your eyeballs out while your wallet remains fat. The PFC 01 front/90 rear compound kicks serious butt!!! (track only) I ran the OEM replacement front AeroRotors at TWS last weekend and they were awesome.

·
Ace Pounder
17,732 Posts
GTS Dean said:
Stock brakes with the right pads will pop your eyeballs out while your wallet remains fat. The PFC 01 front/90 rear compound kicks serious butt!!! (track only) I ran the OEM replacement front AeroRotors at TWS last weekend and they were awesome.
I run PFC 90s all the way around (have never used the 01s) and concur ... they are awesome and heat tolerant as hell. They don't stop you at all cold but bite like a mofo when they're hot.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
Eric,

The 90's don't release very well when trying to modulate the fronts. The 01's bite hard with the initial temperature rise, then the torque curve flattens out and becomes more pressure-sensitive. The 90's are very flat torque/temperature-wise, have a progressive release when trail braking and will practically last forever on the rear.

I've run the Brakeman 3's on the rear and 3's and 4's up front. They are very progressive, but you will go through a set of fronts and 1/2 set of rears on an average weekend. The PFC's will give at least 2-3x the life of BrakeMans, so despite the higher initial price, they are cheaper to run overall.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Thats good info Dean, Porterfeld R4 all the way around has been my favorite setup so far but they don't release well. I'll try those PFCs on my next outing. My biggest issue right now is heat I think. It was 104 deg in the shade at my last day at THill. I'm gonna run ducting. You've opened the wheel well to vent through the hood louvers above the front wheels haven't you? Do you feel that made a sig improvement?

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Stop-Tech big brake kit.It's hard to describe the difference it has made on my car-- HUGE !

Mark- Don't get the brake upgrade.If you do,I'll have no chance in hell of catching you...... ever.

It's your fault I have this damn car in the first place.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
Mark -

I only have the Porsche deflectors and the holes in the fenderwells. The only time my pedal ever gets soft is when I haven't flushed it in a year, or if I stop in the hot pits to check temps and pressures after a string of REALLY hard laps with no air circulation. I can't say that the cutouts helped, but it's for darn sure that they didn't hurt one bit - and they don't cost much... :idea: Onlookers have said that my brake rotors glow in the daytime. If you look closely at the photo, you'll notice that the deflectors and the tie rod end boots are melted from extreme rotor temps. (no fade!)

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
Dang! Battery is dead on the cell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts