Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who said he will get me brake pads at a good price, which i will sell on here and ebay, if you guys are interested in buying. which kind of brake pads do yall use and how much are you currently paying for them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm looking for EBC Greens cuz I heard they don't squeal like my Viper stock brakes. Right now my car sounds like a French hooker whenever I so much as touch the brake petal... not like I know what a French hooker sounds like :ugh:

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
What are his PFC90 and PFC01 prices?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iam asking so i can tell him and he will get a box load at a good price then i will inturn sell them to you guys if yall want any and on ebay. so which ever brake pads i see the most on here is the one (or maybe two) i will tell him to get me.

·
Banned
26,067 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
LETHAL GTS said:
Brakeman #3's (for the track) and EBC greens (for the poser)!

Let's see what you can do. I'm a dealer for Brakeman and would be interested in seeing what kind of price you come up with.
ok then, so does Brakeman have breaks for us normal Joe Schmoe daily driver types? If so I'd go w/ that. I hate the stock breaks. noisy and dirrrrty

:idea:

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Simple answer - no. The Brakeman #3s are also known as Brakedust #3s.

Usually you don't get a pad that stops well, tolerates high heat applciations and is low dust.... The stock pad is the best "compromis" pad out there - it's decent enough for track days (until you really start pushing the car) and yet performs well "cold" for the street. It's dusty, though.

Race / track pads are dusty.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
JT said:
Simple answer - no. The Brakeman #3s are also known as Brakedust #3s.

Usually you don't get a pad that stops well, tolerates high heat applciations and is low dust.... The stock pad is the best "compromis" pad out there - it's decent enough for track days (until you really start pushing the car) and yet performs well "cold" for the street. It's dusty, though.

Race / track pads are dusty.
Exactly, but for the track they are great. I use EBC's for the street and they have allot less stopping power.

Janni, do you not find the stock pads rather poor as far as the pad itself breaking away from the the backing plate?
I've seen that happen with stock pads more than once.
Stock pads are also pricey, at least they are in Canada. Something like $375.00 for the front axle.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
The stock pads are pricey - over $300 per axle. We've seen one pretty fast driver manage to keep using stock pads for about three years of track events (changing pads, obviously) but not hitting the upper temp limit. Certainly if you overheat them, they'll go away fast, and you may break down the binding material causing the pads to disconnect from the backing plate. He wore his down so that there was no pad material left to disconnect.... /images/graemlins/wink I believe that the stock pad - labeled a "Brembo" pad is actually a Performance friction compound....

For the track, Brakeman #3's are exactly what we recommend as the next step from stock. they are linear and quite forgiving. They need a decent amount of cooling, however, or else you can overheat them and they'll go away fast, too. The new compound - 3.5 may be a bit better - we only use them on the rear of the race car at this point.

After going through BM#3's too quickly, we swithced to Performance friction 01 compound and found them to be a longer lasting pad, but one that requires a bit more finesse - not one you can virtually stand on - like the #3s. however, we found we used them less, gained some speed, and they lasted 2 - 3 times longer for about 1.3X the price.

We are currently using PFC 01s on the front of the race car and I think we can get through 2/3 of a season on one set of pads. Rears - BM#3 - that's what we've found to work the best in our application.

Brake pads are always a tradeoff - they can be low dust, or they can stop the car on the track - it's a pick one situation.... We used our BM#3s on the street - mostly because I was too lazy to keep changing them, and hte cars turned more into track cars than street cars. I just dealt with the dust and the squeaking - never really bothered me. They did the job.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
SoCal Rebell said:
LETHAL GTS said:
Brakeman #3's (for the track) and EBC greens (for the poser)!
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Tracey I have a whole bunch of Viper buddies here in Socal that use Brakeman 3s, do you ship out of Canada? Email me prices & approx. shipping costs to [email protected]

You have mail!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.