Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand is a good tried and true bottle heater? I have an RT if that makes a difference.

Are there any custon look ones out there that work good or does everyone use a regular brand?

John

·
Premium Member
20,177 Posts
I have the NX heater kit on my system, got it from Larry Macedo. Call him!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey John,

Whats up? So you going with some nitrous now? OH YEAH! YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT! haha jk. But anyway, so what are your new plans for the car? Also, guess what, Ben's car should be done by Halloween if the pistons come in. We need to go out and have some fun in it! lol. Anyway, keep me informed and I'll do the same.

Matt H.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt

Once I heard your plans for your car and saw Ben's was back together I knew I had to do something to try and hang with you guys. Also plan on giving the SS guy a nice little asswhooping next weekend, but this is just between you and me..............RIGHT :nod:!

John

ps - put my VEC2(computer) back on the car the other day and the car is running good. We will test everything out later this week.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I will be bottlefed by then too fellas...I'll be in oxford for halloween for the olemiss/auburn game...

I'll run through jxn and we can all play...

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
will call you tomorrow. you'll be there halloween...r u coming up for halloween? Tell me you are...

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
is that bottle heater on only when the system is activated? or is it on constantly?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey John,
I quoted you the same prices as the site Big Carrot fowarded you to, have you found anything cheaper ? I see you have asked alot of the same questions you asked me on the phone last week, are you coming up with any different opinions ? I was just curious, most of the answers from your other threads are looking like my responses. I still say, NX is your best bang for the buck...except for the bottle heater. It heats up to slow and the transducers are a pain in the ass at the racetrack. Let me know if I can hook you up.
Later,
Joe

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
You know, he's right about the NX heaters being a PITA at the track, but they are safer because they shut off automatically. I guess both of them have advantages. Just buy a fucking system and go with it! You can't go wrong with NX. It's not like you're buying a house or something!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think the NX works great. As for the bottle heaters being a pain in the ass, just make you a short little cheater wire to by pass the conducer when you want more bottle pressure.

I made a little wire that I could plug in to close the loop and by pass the conducer when I need. I just keep an eye on the bottle pressure closely and then plug the conducer back in once the pressure is where i want it. Works great!!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Joe

I decided to be a guinea pig and I am trying the TNT kit. Hopefully I won't be sorry. My main concern was how much shot was possibly too much for my current fuel system and I agree with what you said that 150 would be the limit on my current setup. I like the TNT package and hope it works as well on the viper as it does on the GM cars.

The guy at nitrodaves was telling me about the brackets, but I would rather go with a blanket. Seems like the heat would be more evenly distributed.

Joe, I alos failed to ask how everything was going with your car. Hope all is working out well.

BC - "It's not like you're buying a house or something! "

isn't that the truth. for some reason I will analyze every little point 2 and 3 times before making a decision on something only costing a thousand bucks, but I don't think twice about spending 30 or 40k on other shit.

John

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
J DAWG said:
Joe

I decided to be a guinea pig and I am trying the TNT kit. Hopefully I won't be sorry. My main concern was how much shot was possibly too much for my current fuel system and I agree with what you said that 150 would be the limit on my current setup. I like the TNT package and hope it works as well on the viper as it does on the GM cars.

The guy at nitrodaves was telling me about the brackets, but I would rather go with a blanket. Seems like the heat would be more evenly distributed.

Joe, I alos failed to ask how everything was going with your car. Hope all is working out well.

BC - "It's not like you're buying a house or something! "

isn't that the truth. for some reason I will analyze every little point 2 and 3 times before making a decision on something only costing a thousand bucks, but I don't think twice about spending 30 or 40k on other shit.

John
I'm the same way john...this kit is just over a thousand and I payed 7K for a roe supercharger that got destroyed in the mail. Jesus, I didnt' think twice of the roe, but this nitrous makes me nervous..mostly b/c I'm completely uneducated with this nitrous stuff.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.